Renekton needs something

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Croc

11-24-2011

Renekton, while I dont think he's broken, is outclassed by many other melee fighters. There's a couple things I want to compare to two similar champs but the main thing I think Renekton needs is passive gains something useful from either his abilities or his actual passive.

Garen. He's an offtank that has a similar but not as frustrating lategame fall off.

Perserverance: Garen's passive is some intense health regen (0.5% of his health every second) If he backs away from combat for a moment. This is great sustain which allows him to harass and/or farm while being able to stay in lane. Ill admit the effectiveness of this decays as the game leaves the laning phase but its better than Renekton's nothing.
Decisive Strike: Movement speed buff that gives an empowered attack and a silence. I think this is much better than ruthless predator, mainly because Renekton gets a stun but he is suppressed for the majority of its duration.
Courage: Garen gets up to 25 free, permanent Armor and MR for farming. PASSIVELY. Renekton could use some passive defense buffs.
Jugement: Removes and then reduces slows. Does intense AoE damage. Has scaling Garen can actually utilize. Makes Ren's AoE look dumb.

Shyvana. The only other fury fighter.

She has better Base and Health per level, Higher base armor,Higher base attack and attack per level, better health regen base and per level, and higher movement speed.

First of all her passive makes basic attacks enhance her abilities on targets. It's reminiscent of fury, but enhancing an attack doesn't drain 50% of her main resource for her.

Twin Bite: Does bonus damage to towers, while Ren's Ruthless Predator doesn't.
Burnout: Better AoE damage with actual AD scaling that is also a movement speed buff. She can extend its duration through autoattacks. Better than the AoE of Renekton's ult and I'd rather have increased movement speed than increased range on melee abilities.
Dragons Descent: Gives her PASSIVE armor and MR (25 at max level). It does damage upon initiation, it enhances all of her abilities, most notably her AoE, AND she can extend the duration through basic attacks. This ult extention works on towers. Renekton cant even get fury from towers.

I mean you can go on about this and that with other champions but I want to reiterate that he needs some passive gains. His ult could probably give him the Armor and MR like Shyvana, I wouldn't like it if it was tied to his fury through his passive, as that discourages using fury. Also he needs more utility or more damage. His scaling is bad and he's not very fast. His Slice and Dice helps for chasing but if he uses it he loses his fury and thus, his empowered attacks.

I think in a perfect world, Renekton's passive would convert 20-30% of his current fury into movement speed. I don't care if they get rid of that under 50% health part of his passive because its near useless. They other useful thing would be if his Ult gave him 15/20/25 Armor and MR, as he might be able to squeeze in more damage in his build to help with his poor late game. The last thing I could possibly want is to remove the bonus effect and fury consumption on his slice and dice. These changes I think would make for a higher tier but not overpowering Renekton.

That's about all I have to say

Dorlishnek

11-24-2011

I liked what other threads have come up with for his new passive.

Its usually something along the lines of
"Renekton gains an additional 1% fury for every 1% of health he is missing."

I think that sounds extremely fair. It still won't help him when he is fresh out of spawn but after he has seen some battles and taken some damage he starts to build fury at a much faster rate. Making him a potential deadly foe to try and take down when he is cornered with low health. This increase would combo extremely well with his ult. Right now i use it to trick people into thinking they can take me on and then i activate the ulti, usually resulting in me either killing my attackers or at least taking one or two of them down with me haha.

Vuther

11-24-2011

I dunno about Garen's late-game falloff being less frustrating than Renekton's...Garen becomes easier to kite as the game goes on, and lack of attack speed scaling makes him fairly lame after his abilities have been casted. I'd also disagree that Decisive Strike is better. Renekton can instantly close the gap to his enemy and stuns stop autoattacks, both unlike Garen.

Regardless, I'd agree Renekton could use some buffs. He's probably set to be in a better place late-game than Garen design-wise since his quick abilities allow him to utilize attack speed a bit better (largely, Youmuu's Ghostblade) and his abilities take a longer route in value over most other AD casters. If he just had some more innate defences, he'd be an AD caster that takes a bit longer to be as useful as the others, but makes up for it by falling off a bit less than them.

Showdang

11-24-2011

A guy named captain croc asking for rene buffs.

How about nerf his early laning game first before asking for buffs?

Captain Croc

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
I dunno about Garen's late-game falloff being less frustrating than Renekton's...Garen becomes easier to kite as the game goes on, and lack of attack speed scaling makes him fairly lame after his abilities have been casted. I'd also disagree that Decisive Strike is better. Renekton can instantly close the gap to his enemy and stuns stop autoattacks, both unlike Garen.

Regardless, I'd agree Renekton could use some buffs. He's probably set to be in a better place late-game than Garen design-wise since his quick abilities allow him to utilize attack speed a bit better (largely, Youmuu's Ghostblade) and his abilities take a longer route in value over most other AD casters. If he just had some more innate defences, he'd be an AD caster that takes a bit longer to be as useful as the others, but makes up for it by falling off a bit less than them.
I agree that innate defense is the best thing he could get atm, But I think it's worth mentioning that if Renekton chasing stun system is a little clumsy. He loses his fury if he slices and dices, and he cant do anything for the majority of the stun. Garen can use judgement right after and most carries I don't think would keep autoattacking while in his AoE, they'd probably try to move away but they cant flash or blink because they are silenced.

And @Showdang I agree that Ren's early game could get toned down with less base damage on his abilities but perhaps better scaling. I know my name hints bias but I just want a character that is fun and challenging, but also rewards you later on for playing well, which I cant say about him right now.

Vuther

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Croc View Post
I agree that innate defense is the best thing he could get atm, But I think it's worth mentioning that if Renekton chasing stun system is a little clumsy. He loses his fury if he slices and dices, and he cant do anything for the majority of the stun. Garen can use judgement right after and most carries I don't think would keep autoattacking while in his AoE, they'd probably try to move away but they cant flash or blink because they are silenced.
It really depends on how his laning phase went. If they've got some lifesteal, a Negatron Cloak for his ultimate, and a Chain Vest, it really is quite possible for Garen to be ignored while attacking a carry alone. He'll be useful for sticking on that carry alone lategame with a little bit of help, but alone tends to be underwhelming. (and take note they can flash away before Garen gets close enough to silence, and Garen following with a Flash of his own tends to be suicidal in a teamfight since you are now literally in the middle of 5 people and away from your own team. Renekton's Slice and Dice does have some advantages.)

But regardless again, Renekton probably needs a few more defences. His kit would work very well with it, and he'd feel very solid design-wise with it.

Reights

11-24-2011

All Renekton needs is a hug. And a passive

le ex dee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2011

Bumping for Great Justice

Dorlishnek

11-24-2011

Right now Renekton is all about early and mid game dominance. I find that even if i did really well throughout early and mid game i will always have issues late game. Most of the time i feel like i need to single handedly end a game before late game comes around or i just become a sponge that deals out shrugable damage.

mukmanX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2011

How about this:
reign of anger: when renekton is below %50 health his attacks only require 30 fury.