How to counter Fizz?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vertra

11-24-2011

So I have faced Fizz now on quite a number of occasions with many different champions and I feel like his kit is in a position to simply dominate most lane partners. If he goes mid he seems to beat every AP you can send at him. He makes common mids like malzahar, morgana, brand, annie, xerath, ryze completely helpless. Unless you have a fast spammable nuke like ezreal or cassiopeia he will just walk all over you. To add to this problem, his little hop on the spear ability allows him to tower dive with the best of them. Recently I played him top as an Irelia and got smoked in a straight up fight once we were both 6. Even at half health he wasn't afraid to dive a nasus or irelia and win, and this was in the first 10 minutes of the game. The player later told me he just stacked spell vamp in his masteries and runes, turning him into a beat of a duelist. He counter jungles exceptionally well when mid, and really shines with a support on bottom.

I have a feeling this champion is going to get the vlad treatment when his OP is finally addressed. Abilities that allow you to frequently get out of anything an opponent can throw at you do not belong in this game how they are currently implemented. The only solution to deal with this is by nerfing his other abilities that are a little too strong but not all together broken, causing the champion to fall by the wayside, just like Vlad.

How do other players deal with Fizz?

TL;DR: His kit allows him to do most anything better than whoever he lanes against. What do?

Dreatlan

11-24-2011

I like to trip Fizz up when I am on my ranged Characters. With Caitlyn I 90 cal net out of the way when I get the feeling its about to send a shark my way or jump in my direction. It's a timing thing that is hard to get down but, rewarding when you do. There are other champions you can decimate with this strategy. Anyways once Fizz has burnt the jump and is netted I shoot it without mercy for it's mistake.

If I am on Olaf I do what Olaf does best.. Leeeroy Jenkins! Throw an undertow get up close, ragnarok it so that shark doesn't disable you and hack away!

Reason it works is because my Olaf build uses Merc Treads (if there is more CC then Ragnarok can handle) or Ninja Tabi's (If they arn't a CC Team). I then get Atma's along with one other armor item. If it's a magic team it's Banshee's Veil. If it's Physical it's Randuin's Omen. I follow that up with a Warmog's and Trinity Force. I then have one slot to choose Survivability or Damage. I will get Last Whisper for Damage and go for Armor Penetration to the max or Blood Thirster and stack life steal.

For Runes I use the ones that give armor and magic resist .15 per level or something like that. at 24 Armor and Magic resist at level 18 that negates most armor penetration.

The burst damage on this build is insane. I usually kill Fizz in about 8 axe swings. He doesn't have a lot of time. Even if he does my armor can hold in long enough to deal with him. I guess think about these factors when dealing with Fizz.

Skankintoopiv

11-24-2011

... he asked for a fizz counter, not how you build Olaf to deal with a whole team. also, 8 axe swings, and fizz is still there? have you ever faced fizz that didn't stand there for 8 seconds? hell, his E doesn't even have an 8 second cooldown if you have ANY CDR. Also, 90 cal next when he jumps AT you? why the **** would he initiate with playful/trickster? you have only seen retarded ass fizz's then.

How to counter fizz: wait for them to nerf him next patch when they realize an untargetable skill that is also 2 flashes in a row, that also does AOE Damage every 5 seconds is a horrible idea.

Nerf flash, give a character a move 4x as OP as flash on a cooldown 40x shorter... sounds balanced to me...

enrico swagolo

11-24-2011

I pushed Fizz mid as Malzahar pretty hard. The problem is, I think, that in teamfights he becomes untargetable, so your team cannot focus him, and he will most likely get a kill. Hell, I play Fizz myself, and I just jump somewhere into the teamfight untargetable and kill their squishy with abilities, Lich Bane and Ignite. Pretty easy.

Darkbulborb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2011

Fizz is absolutely no problem to deal with, just wait untill he has done his playfull/trickster and then attack him. He's squishy as hell and once stunned he's probably done for.

Please don't nerf him because of this forum whining. If you can't beat him, practice, don't whine immediately.

he's no problem at all.

SnowGuard

11-24-2011

Fizz is hardly op. He is slippery but not op. He dominates early game but in teamfights he dies quick unless you're an idiot and don't focus him down.
Lanning wise play cautiously. Fizz needs to be aggressive to do well and that is his greatest weakness. When he tower dives you stun him/snare him/bind him etc. There is a grace period between his dash and pole jump which you need to take advantage of. Some fizz players are quicker than others but if you watch carefully you can catch him easily. Don't try and go aggressive on him because he will just jump away (unless you're sure you'll get the kill). Pay attention and you'll find fizz isn't hard to counter at all.
What you really need to watch out for is when he hits a lich bane.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2011

Fizz has a weak lane early on, abuse the fact he's melee. Use a champion with a strong early game presence and poking power. LeBlanc, is the perfect example.

For later in the game:

Playful will not protect Fizz from AoE champions like Singed, Cassiopeia, Karthus, Anivia, Malzahar, the list goes on...

Playful cannot cancel/negate instant CC that doesn't use a projectile, such as but not limited to: Talon, Fiddlesticks, Warwick, Zilean, and Nasus.

Playful will not break tethers. Fiddlesticks, Karma, Morgana all have tethers.

You think he does anything better -

• He has no self-healing abilities
  • He has no ranged harass
  • He's a melee-champion.
  • If Trickster is used to harass, he's left with no escape mechanic.

InFAMOUS GrimJaw

11-24-2011

I really hope they dont nerf him i got him and after 2 days of playing him im already back to playing my other champs since i didnt like his early game being so easy to kill. honestly id rather play vayne or shyvana then fizz. he is in a really good sport right now i mean come one his ult is laughable ive only ever gotten it to max 900 damage so many other champs can go over that i mean look at akali her ult when i use her can do double that with all 3 dances used veiger can get over 900 too idk about garen but dang he hurts more aswell. i just hope fizz stays how he is.

Zach The Ripper

11-24-2011

I've played against Fizz a couple times now and I find he's relatively easy to dominate in almost any stage of the game. Admittedly I was playing Ez and Shen most of the time, but still. Wait for him to waste his stupid dodge trying to get close or dodge one of your cheaper skills and then crush him when it's on CD. He's also melee, which means early game he's easy to mop up if he's stupid enough to harass a champ with any sort of CC or burst DPS or preferably both. Late game he almost always gets dropped in teamfights because the best he has is to jump into the fray, then playful out after MAYBE one kill. Then it's just a matter of walkin' after him and killing him. God forbid he sharks one of you- step away from your team and wait for it to go off, re-enter the fray. That's how I've dealt with him at any rate.

Circle of Bosses

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCuri View Post
Playful will not protect Fizz from AoE champions like Singed, Cassiopeia, Karthus, Anivia, Malzahar, the list goes on...
You forget that Fizz can 1 combo all of those champs to death, minus Singed... He has the nuking capabilities of LeBlanc basically, except he's melee... Singed is annoying yes, but he doesn't put out the damage and can't simply just focus everything on Fizz and ignore the rest of the team...

And I hate when people are like "Just focus him down, blah blah blah", as if you're supposed to ignore the other 2 carries on the team...

12345 ... 6