So, who counters Riven top? How?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Hamilton III

11-24-2011

Kennen shuts down every melee champion.

Fratley

11-24-2011

Renekton is a really good champ to counterpick Riven top.

RedPlanet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2011

Renekton, Cho are the best bets, in my opinion.

Irelia can go even, I'd say.

In my opinion, a good Akali or Vlad can go even or beat her, if they can survive the first few levels. But with both of those characters, if you die to Riven, it's all over for you.

Riven will actually beat a lot of ranged/casters if she's good. She beat Talon before his nerfs. I don't know how she would lose to Fiddle, she has 2 interrupts and a shield.

MrSqueakums

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2011

No one has said Yorick yet, he is one of the most beastly solo laner's. I would use him to counter Riven. He's got the slow and movement speed boost to chase/retreat and he can stay in lane for a very long time due to his sustainability with his red ghoul.

RedPlanet

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSqueakums View Post
No one has said Yorick yet, he is one of the most beastly solo laner's. I would use him to counter Riven. He's got the slow and movement speed boost to chase/retreat and he can stay in lane for a very long time due to his sustainability with his red ghoul.
Have you actually tried that matchup? Riven is like the one champion that beats him without sustain.

Killrazor

11-24-2011

the counter to Riven is neviR

Jooce

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratley View Post
Renekton is a really good champ to counterpick Riven top.
I've been playing Riven a lot lately and I never had a problem with him (granted it's free week. You just lay into him before he can get his rage up, and he can't exchange.

Irelia can be tricky - Tryn works if you get a lucky crit - Ranged works like ken galio etc. Lee sin seems to hurt Riven pretty badly too, and matches, if not exceeding, her mobility.

I haven't gone against a Fizz yet, so I can't comment on that one. Haven't gone against a Shyv either, but I think that could be rough as well.

Silences are brutal - She doesn't really fit the tanky dps build, so being able to stop her mobility and E-shield is devastating.

manwhat

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pow Punchhhhhhh View Post
If a riven beats a 25/40 armor rune Irelia with a cloth armor 5 hp pot then the irelia is garbage.

Irelia beats or ties farm anyone top, period.
She cannot ever be pushed out of lane.

She is top goddess.
Olaf will push Irelia out of lane guaranteed. Any time Irelia attempts to last hit or farm to get health back, Olaf will lay down an E.

Teemo, Tryndamere (beyond level 3), Chogath, Garen will all beat Riven top. Anyone who can last hit from a distance or that punishes being close will also win.

Olaf doesn't win (I think) because Riven has the higher burst and will win the damage exchange.

Ammiravus

11-24-2011

Vayne beats her easy.
Having range along with condemn and tumble = countered.

Fadingomen

11-24-2011

Perhaps I've only played bad Rivens, but with Nasus solo top I've yet to have any major problems with her.