How To: get IP real fast! IP farming strategy

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ozy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 01 View Post
Don't even try lying... YOU DO NOT HAVE ALL YOUR RUNES. LOL. What is that, 8 champs? You spent well over 10K IP on Champions.. You're trying to say you have full runebooks for all of them?

I main Shaco (ie, I play him almost exclusively). I am level 26 as well, and I HAVE NOWHERE CLOSE TO A FULL RUNEBOOK for him. It will cost me.. Say 23k IP. I've only spent about 13k.

Let's be generous here: If your runebooks cost 10K IP each, you are saying you have farmed over 90K IP by level 26? Don't BS us.

Grinding practice games are the most efficient way to get IP. It is a guaranteed 71 IP per 11-13 minutes.

...That is unless you are very good, and can faceroll 100 games in a row in under 15 minutes. Not likely.
... lol.

Quantumprophecy

07-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by deMorphine View Post
I finished a game in 10 minutes, confirmed that you don't get IP/XP. I think it must be over 15 or so?
I do them in 13-14, and get IP, so its either over 10 (depending on your exact time), or its some random number in between there.

Also, Hiemerdinger with teleport+clarity vs. Soraka bot is pretty fast.

Cheems

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaticBear View Post
did it in nine with elixer yi.
That's great. Except for the part where you don't get EXP for finishing games under 11 minutes.

Kakamage

07-04-2010

For the Heimer strat, exactly how are you finishing a game that fast? You still have to kill each wave of enemy minions in a lane to let yours through, kill 3 towers, an inhibitor, then 2 more towers, then a nexus. You're doing that in 11 minutes so you're not leveling up much I guess, right? What really gets me is how the hell you would take down turrets that fast...

What am I missing here?

Quantumprophecy

07-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakamage View Post
For the Heimer strat, exactly how are you finishing a game that fast? You still have to kill each wave of enemy minions in a lane to let yours through, kill 3 towers, an inhibitor, then 2 more towers, then a nexus. You're doing that in 11 minutes so you're not leveling up much I guess, right? What really gets me is how the hell you would take down turrets that fast...

What am I missing here?
Well I dont do it in 11 mins, more like 13-14, but its not hard. Set turrets outside tower range and let them kill minions, and then auto attack towers when your minions come. I prioritize turrets, then grenades. I dont even bother with rockets. Once you get a few ranks in grenades and a bit more mana from levels, you can grenade turrets from outside their range and deal really respectable dmg. Its pretty fast and requires almost no actual focus. Great for watching Futurama on netflix and making some easy IP.

MultiTools

07-04-2010

With Heimer I place turrets outside tower range and save one for putting in range of the tower when there are creeps to take agro for it. Item wise I go meki pendant into the purple book (I forget what it's called) and then blue potions and whatever AP items I can afford. I've got no runes at all so you might not need the mana regen at the start so much.

Nasus is also pretty fast, Spirit Fire just shreds creep waves and Siphoning Strike can help with hurting towers but most of your damage comes from your creeps. Most characters are probably pretty quick so don't blow ip on heimer for farming if a character you've already got (or is free) works fine. You're not going for as fast as possible, just fast enough.

HybridMalice

07-04-2010

I get a consistent 13mins with Yi starting with dorans shield. Usually have bot inhibitor down by about 7 mins, go back to base to buy and then go down mid lane and finish it. Last one i finished at 12:45, it's so easy with yi, his alpha takes down creep waves with ease and wushu makes you pwn towers. Rally and clarity means I take down first tower super quick and have some lasting power with extra mana. I actually bought Yi specifically for IP/XP farming cos it's so easy with him. I even died a couple times in one game and it still only took 15 mins. I need all the help i can get with runes etc so I need the IP/XP.

PackMan97

07-04-2010

Eh, the most efficient is play one game of TT a day and win it.

Cheems

07-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakamage View Post

What am I missing here?
Guide

Pick Heimerdinger for yourself, Soraka Bot for the enemy.
Summoner spells are Teleport and Smite. No exceptions.
Masteries are Utility mainly on EXP Gain Mana Regen.
Starting items are Meki Pendant and 2 Mana Potions. No exceptions.

Start the game by going to bottom. Soraka Bot will ALWAYS go top. No exceptions.
Place 1 turret just outside the tower range.
Auto attack, don't even bother last hitting. No exceptions.
Replace turrets when they die.
Use Smite on the first melee creep. After that use Smite only on the siege creep and kill it first.
Use your CH-1 Grenade on the tower but ONLY if it will hit the 3 ranged creeps.
Rinse and repeat this tactic until bottom 3 towers are destroyed.

AFTER INHIBITOR TOWER IS DESTROYED.

Recall back to base. Items to buy are a Chalice of Harmony and as many Meki Pendants as you can buy. Teleport back to bottom.

Put 3 red turrets about 2 cm to the top right of the destroyed inhibitor, just outside the tower range.
Continue to use CH-1 Grenade on the bottom Nexus turret.
When the tower starts to attack one of your super creeps, place one of your turrets next to the Nexus turret. It will not switch until it kills the super creep, giving your turret enough time to deal damage to it.

Check the time, you should only destroy the top Nexus turret around 10:40 because if you finish the game under 11 minutes, you will not gain EXP/IP.

View my profile (this is a smurf profile) or add me and I will demonstrate it to you.

Z320fate

07-04-2010

I get a pretty consistent 11-12 min with Tristana. Start with a Long Sword and Explosive Shot. Kill the mage creeps while yours shoot the melee. Prioritize leveling Rapid Fire, with Explosive Shot whenever you can't. Don't bother getting your ult, Rocket Jump can be leveled near the end at the nexus. By the time you down the second tower you generally have about 1.2k. BP and grab a Brutalizer and a Fort Elixer. Teleport back to the front lines and finish.

I generally do this when either I'm not in the mood for a normal game but have nothing else better to do or I'm close to having enough for a rune and don't want to burn 25-50 min on a normal.

12345678 ... 9