Inside Design: Dodge

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sylvantos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkoro View Post
Everyone talks about Jax, but where is the Sivir love? She needs a whole new passive now.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=17232428#post17232428

XCaboose

11-23-2011

But i just spent 7k ip on dodge runes T.T~!!!

Parnage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

Cool, I want a refund on Jax now. And udyr.

DevilOfSadness

11-23-2011

Lol armor blocks Critical Damg, okay...

Karnivore187

11-23-2011

you cant have my dodge runes back im keeping them as a badge of honor

also i hope you are making a new pair of boots to replace tabi cuz i like new items maybe boots that combine with a pot for a reusable heal affect
i dunno im pretty tired probablly dumb ramblings
sword of divine could have a smite ability but then its just another must have for junglers
i dunno im done i guess

Moderators

11-23-2011

i like this kinda idea!

hate it when a freaking jax lane when im just about to rape him
he got a dodge and stuns me and q to run away -.-
such bull****

Vanra

11-23-2011

It's also not fun losing a close fight because your opponent happens to get a lucky crit.

VVS Zahnee

Master Recruiter

11-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicHero View Post
[*]Dodge also has much more potential to remove satisfaction in a noticeable way than the other defensive stats, mostly due to its random nature. Failing to finish an opponent with an auto-attack because they happened to get their 5% chance to dodge is a pretty poor experience for the attacker, especially since the escape isnít based on a good gameplay decision or skill-based way to survive. The fun to un-fun ratio is poor.
I don't fully understand the comparison here. If it's not okay for a player to walk away from a fight because he got a lucky dodge, how is it okay for a player to only get a kill because he got a lucky crit. It works both ways.

Many games have a type of dodge implemented in the game, but those that do have a counter. I can think of City of Heroes for example: "defense" increases your ability to "dodge," where as "to-hit" or "accuracy" countered that by increasing your ability to hit a target. I'm sure there are other games with similar mechanics, I believe WoW has it as well, but this is a MOBA, not an MMO.

I'm all for the removal of dodge if you guys add some other runes

KusanagiTenken

11-23-2011

I bought Jax because of his dodge. Well not JUST because of it, but it was a pretty big deciding factor. Is his stun just going to be an outright stun with a longish cooldown? Jax won't 1 v 5 your team anymore without that dodge though.

I also agree with the above poster. A lucky crit is ok? Especially early on when a crit takes most of your hp. How many times have you seen GP Parrley someone at level 1 and get consecutive crits with only a brawlers glove? Personally, I see it happen almost every time a GP is up. Not to complain, but you can't avoid a Crit even with armor. There's at least an item that lets you hit without dodging. Just sayin'..and it's not even that bad an item considering it'd be going to DPS people.

Meursault2

Recruiter

11-23-2011

Sivir remake!