Inside Design: Dodge

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kreshel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2011

also, add a dodge type stat to dodge spells too.

Lord Serphroth

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORDCRYO View Post
This is stupid man!I own jax and without the dogde jax will be uselss...Shame on you Riot!U will ruin a classic champion.....
give them a chance dude .. they wud have made some good plans for him .. they wont let a cool champion like jax simply be a waste of ip/rp .. let RIOT reveal the solution to the dodge problem .. then we can blame/praise RIOT for the changes

─lteređ ▀easT

11-24-2011

I agree with Deftones on several of his points; namely, the effect silencing has on champs. How does a player counter being silenced when playing a champion with no mana? There needs to be a Banshee's Veil for non-mana using champs in my opinion. The effectiveness of champs like Riven drops far too much when silenced. I have also seen an inconsistency amongst summoner spells affected by silence, Flash being amongst 1 of the inhibited spells. This further diminishes any chances of effectively countering a champion with a silence, especially those with lower cd's on their silencing abilities. What escape do I have? Tenacity will only do so much, and there are so few items with tenacity to choose from for an AD champ like Riven (one of my mains btw). Am I forced to stick with Merc Treads every game? Do I sacrifice a crucial late-game slot for a less preferable item in Cloak and Dagger? I dont need the attack speed on Riven, therefore only benefitting from the 20% Crit chance (other than the tenacity); hardly worthwhile for the 1450gold I could otherwise have spent on something more beneficial early/mid game. Am I forced into buying Merc Treads EVERY game with champs like Riven/Renekton/etc, even against an AD heavy team where MagicResist is less crucial? I'd like to see more useful defensive items to increase the options I have during gameplay (especially now that Dodge is being removed).

I honestly didn't see a huge problem with Dodge, perhaps none other than the amount of Dodging a fed Jax will do throughout the game. Change it if you want Riot, and I trust you will continue to provide a fun, great game; but if providing Summoners with a variety of gameplay styles and options is your goal (as was the whole point of changing the mastery trees significantly in the recent patch - which non-jungling Riven players all over the world appreciate tremendously), then please address the issue of defensive options for non-mana using champs (ie: a Banshee's Veil that is more applicable for non-mana champs like Riven, 1 of my favorites). Thx.

A Fkin Feeder

11-24-2011

Okay, usually I don't complain about changes... but fkin seriously? Seriously?

SIVIR.

You know, that champ you nerfed to uselessness and continue to ignore? Now you're taking out one of the few things that make her viable, the fact that auto attack champs can't fkin hit her, and her spell shield means their one or two abilities will fail (she's hilarious at shutting Master Yi down if you know what you're doing) is now limited to just the spell shield?

And her Ricochet continues to be worthlessly underpowered?

And Boomerang continues to be pointlessly weak?

And she still doesn't have much of an ult?

Why is it the Riot equates 'fun' with only the offensive options in the game? Nuanced characters that aren't all about single clicks get nerfed, and a whole option specfically to frustrate the easiest way to play the game gets scrubbed---

I'm getting off topic here. SIVIR.

WTF ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH SIVIR'S PASSIVE!

I swear if you just give her something worthless, I'm just going to stop playing the game. Stop making new Teemo skins. Stop making changes to appeal to the players that cant' stand not being able to auto attack one out of every five attacks (OMG MAH CAIT CNT TREE SHOT YOU), stop doing stupid **** like buffing Singed, stop making the game easier in general, and do something about Sivir.

By do something, I do not mean take her passive out of the g--- OH WAIT.

PeteyPiranha

11-24-2011

I like how they didn't even mention Sivir's passive.

Lepreykan

11-24-2011

that's what I thinking too I love using sivir but her doede isn't that important, but curious to see what her new passive is... also curious why ricochet doesn't count as a spell cast

Mea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicHero View Post
By comparison, Pantheon’s Aegis of Zeonia allows him to “block” attacks, but this block system is not available to every champion in the game. This not only keeps it from getting out of hand, but makes Pantheon more unique in the process.
Isn't the reason Gangplank's deny on E was removed because he was the only one who had it and people thought it was unfair?

Wamsley

11-24-2011

Yea... shows how much they care about sivir. Not even a mention. Only jax and sword of the divine.... An item gets more attention then sivir.

Really Riot? Have you turned Sivir into Milton? Do you have her in the basement killing rats?

Lord Serphroth

11-24-2011

Mundo go thuss thuss

TimeFlex

11-24-2011

So Jax will forever be a nerfed champ. Good bye Jax we will miss you.