Inside Design: Dodge

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prokaryot3

12-07-2011

By the same logic that having someone get away because they happened to proc there 5% chance dodge is frustrating is it not also frustrating to make an amazing getaway only to have the last shot they could take at you crit and kill you? Also it is incredibly frustrating when at low levels trying to lane and having them crit you for 1/3 of your health at level 1 and therefore being at a significant disadvantage because of the RNG?

SirBroad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokaryot3 View Post
By the same logic that having someone get away because they happened to proc there 5% chance dodge is frustrating is it not also frustrating to make an amazing getaway only to have the last shot they could take at you crit and kill you? Also it is incredibly frustrating when at low levels trying to lane and having them crit you for 1/3 of your health at level 1 and therefore being at a significant disadvantage because of the RNG?
Especially since it's possible to build stupid levels of crit. The absolute highest dodge you could get on Jax was still less than 40% because of the way it stacks.

Sklarf

12-08-2011

I fully understand if this following question isn't answered until riot has fully withdrawn the dodge statistic, but I'm dying to know how Jax's stun is going to work, if it's going to be given a regular trigger and c/d time like most skills, or are you guys going to base it off of another stat in absence of dodge? Again understood of not answered, but it's really eating at me DX

LouJay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-09-2011

If you're going to remove dodge, then "remove" critical strike too... and I don't mean that you should really remove both completely but instead CONTROL them. Currently, having "a little dodge" or having "a little critical strike" may be useless and on the other hand completely stacking dodge or completely stacking critical strike is OP. There are counters to both stats, I won't deny that at all, but those are very expensive counters to the opposing team. You should remove runes and masteries for BOTH (since they are counters of each other, so not only for one of them) and you should control those stats through items only. Crit and Dodge should be like Tenacity, only a couple of non-stackable items to still provide those stats to the game but to keep them under control and easily tweakable if one gets out of hand.

Roger Barbossa

12-17-2011

it's been 3 weeks ...since you guys talked about removing "DODGE" completely in-game! But ..yet nothing is removed.... I am still seeing ninja boot with its 12% dodge rate, dodge runes with an extra 0.75% dodge rate per rune; you guys also mentioned something about removing dodge runes after the previous patch update.. but still there are dodge runes in the shop.....

hmmm so will you guys remove dodge completely before Christmas? or not gonna be happened till 2012?

santiaguito86

12-19-2011

Welcome DOTA 2

Najib

12-25-2011

I for one Like Dodge and beleive it is a mistake to remove since it screws me up quite bit

Najib

12-25-2011

I am tempted to by dodge runes because i can and want it to stay i bet none of them read this post

Najib

12-25-2011

i guesss i can't play Hiem or Shaco any more :'(

Unknown Pwn

12-31-2011

I would like to just state blatantly in the face of the Devs that Sword of the Divine having to be made as if forced to do so because of its dodge nullifying effect is a very large load of bologna. And not even a remotely large, were talking a trash dump for a major city size of bologna.

Sword of the Divine's strengths, that while the dodge nullifying effect is compelling, does not even remotely compare to 30 Absolute Armor Penetration, 60 percent haste and +100 magic dmg per four swings.

This item in its own boat, combined by a very intelligent build for certain ranged and melee types is mindblowingly powerful.

So just because you are taking dodge out of the game, please reconsider not taking Sword of the Divine out of the game. its function is extreemly useful, and I would gladly, any day of the week stand on my head in a clown suit and bounce a sign with a sword of the divine on it, and it would still lack the stupidity it would be to take the weapon/item out of the game.

So what if you take dodge? Ok, I can cope, even though jax is my main(which he is, regardless of the convenience for this arguement). I can adapt to lack of dodge with Jax. But taking away 30 of my armor pen and 60% haste is going to inspire my ire, and numerous other folks that know the real score when it comes to having a 96/44% AP build with around 300 damage behind it and full suite of crit damage runes.

You will makes us teh mad