Inside Design: Dodge

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KusanagiTenken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

The thing is though that sure, you'll dodge a hit or two, but how many times did you get hit with a crit before or after the dodge? Especially when considering DPS and champs like Vayne, Tryn, Xin, Yi, etc. Not only that but you have to invest a good amount of time in the game to even build up the IP to buy dodge runes. That and you pretty much have to buy the Tabi (which means you can be CC'ed to hell, which is what people do to jax anyway). Crit can be stacked to basically become a guaranteed Crit, not only that but crit damage itself can be improved. There's an entire item dedicated to stop dodging without having to stray from your build too much (AS is always useful on dps and it gives a bit of armor pen too which people forget). And as far as I know, there's no item that keeps you from receiving critical hits. Armor makes that crit hit you for as much as they'd hit you without the crit as it is.

Anyway, I'm not really against removing dodge, but the reasoning seems stupid imo.

needlewall

11-23-2011

basicly you want to take luck out of the game but even with dodge gone luck is still in the game you can never get rid of luck no matter what you do. anyway you posted your taking out the dodge runes nov 22 its the 24 and i checked mines are still here and im sure its a mistake to begin with since this didnt come out til the 23 near midnight to after midnight the 24th. if you could change it when you notice to the real date everyone will have your thanks

l Yuuki Terumi l

11-23-2011

what about summoner spell runes?
things like -0.1 seconds on smite cooldown marks

or maybe turret damage runes .-.
or... runes that defends ranged attacks for 2 damage...

Wogrim

11-23-2011

Thank you, now remove crit so you can finally have a legit esport.

Burr8

11-23-2011

Gosh, that was really well written BionicHero. Kudos

LastNightmare

11-23-2011

What is going to happen to udyr and jax !!!! ):

Castelon Drake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

I can't wait for the Sivir rework. She is one of my all time favorite champs and is getting worse with every dash/gap closing/blink capable champ that comes out.

She has no combos and her skills are amazing non-synergistic.

Removing dodge means removing Sivir's passive- the perfect impetus for a rework.

TO BATTLE!

thumbnail9

11-23-2011

new runes, ****it and i haven't even gotten all the ones i need.

Alphonsio

11-23-2011

I think it'll be interesting to remove the Dodge mechanic. While I've never been totally in love with or annoyed by it, I have enjoyed Jax and the old Nimbleness mastery. With the mastery out, the only character who has dodge as a vital statistic is Jax, and I'm very interested in seeing how Riot will change him to make the loss of his dodge-based mechanic a non-issue.

I believe Sivir also has a passive giving her bonus dodge chance, so she might need some looking at too. Still, Riot's been doing a very nice job of changing up their game for the better ever since Season got near and then hit.

Darklliter

11-23-2011

removing dodge is going to be frustrating: people will INSTANTLY complain about jax, udyr, and tabi.
My only hope is that another mechanic gets created, not just an "around the board" buff applied.
my rational is that buffs will make SOMEONE complain, inevitably leading to nerfs. :/