Inside Design: Dodge

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

axesandspears

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidingNixx View Post
Another dumbass move by Riot...

Yes, lets remove ways to play so this game becomes even more cookie-cutter. Well, first they gimp one of my favorite characters, Evelynn, removing her only useful ability, the stun, despite 50k other champs in this game having stuns, slows, knock-ups, silences, etc.... then I discover Jax, which was a blast....

Well, thanks for gimping another one of my favorite characters.

I like this line by Riot...
"Failing to finish an opponent with an auto-attack because they happened to get their 5% chance to dodge is a pretty poor experience for the attacker..."

You know what is also a poor experience? Not being able to catch people and finish them off because of all the ****ing stuns in this game. 1 more hit,,, 1 more hit... STUN!!!

Bull**** Riot, what is the difference between Dodging that last hit and stunning like a ****ing pansy and running away? NOTHING!!!

I've completely lost my interest in this game and really despise Riot now.
You are comparing dodge to stuns?

1. Stuns are not a chance when/on hit effect.

2. Stuns require an ability use to use, which means the person's cooldown was about to come back, or they used some knowledge and skill to know how to use the **** thing.

3. Evelyn's stun was removed in part because the stealth mechanic has always been very annoying to deal with and should've been reworked a long time ago. It is going to be returned when the new stealth system is finally introduced.

4. If the removal of dodge, the most annoying and least skill-based characteristic of this game is enough reason for you to quit, you should've quit a long time ago.

Elarch

11-24-2011

So what are you going to do then with Sivir's passive?

tueresbonita

11-24-2011

dodge does not equal crit. dodge is 0% dmg. crit is 2x (or more depending on your runes/items) damage. for dodge to equal crit either:

- dodge would have to be 1/2 (or more depending on your runes/items) damage reduction.

or

- crit would have to be 100% damage. instant death.

stop comparing the two. imagine if trynd could do aoe damage/stun based off his crit%.

whadayamean

11-24-2011

Removing Dodge, what another poor choice by riot!!!!!!!This game just keeps getting less fun to play! You come out with overpowered champs every 3 weeks or so, and then they need to be nerfed in the next several patches. You have ruined countless champions in the name of dominion, which in my opinion is the worst game i have ever played!!!!! Everybody that doesn't need to be nerfed is getting nerfed, and those needing a nerf seem to be getting buffs. I was so excited to see the caitlyn nerf! What a joke, nerf her movement speed. (GOOD JOB ON THAT). Stop ruining this game PLEASE! And why don't you get serious on leavers and scrub feeders???? My elo has been trashed in ranked games due to this. I'm so tired of leavers or feeders or scrubs who don't belong there. If some one leaves a ranked game they should be banned for a week minimum.Regardless of the reason. Here is why. I had a elo of 1294. my next 4 games goes as follows. 1st game leaver = a loss. next game kids pissed because he cant jungle so he feeds= loss. 3 rd game another leaver=loss. 4th game 2 scrubs playing first time champs in a ranked game. So, now my elo is below 1000 and quess what, everyone is so bad you cant climb out of elo hell. And why am i here??????? Do i belong in elo hell??????? Hell no I don't but her i am with my 871 elo and falling. Get tough on these trash players. PLEASE

DGGP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2011

Wait, block is okay because it makes pantheon unique, yet dodge isn't because jax uses it?

.......Wat?

Ever consider refunding dodge runes and giving jax's E a buff to make up for the lack of ninja tabi and dodge runes?

Also, please replace ninja tabi with another set of T2 boots that provide armor for 500g. I love those things not necessarily just for the dodge, but for the armor and cheap movement.

Bustyshawty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-24-2011

So if you're removing dodge, shouldn't you remove Fizz's trident? He can't be attacked either.

precambria

11-24-2011

I have every t3 dodge rune in the game, IM RICH!!!!

axesandspears

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidingNixx View Post
Reading thru a bunch of these posts... seems like the community is against this... wonder if Riot will even listen.... NAH, they don't care... they only have a month or so left before DOTA 2 squashes 'em.
Most of the more competitive players and the players who want the game to be more balanced are in favor of the removal of dodge. It is only a few very vocal Jax players and some unskilled and vocal glass-cannon players who want dodge to remain in the game.

Chronometer

11-24-2011

I don't care at all about dodge, but Jax was one of my favorite champions to play.
Obviously he is going to need a MAJOR rework, but I am really doubtful they will return him to his former glory.

To me, it's just not worth it. But I guess from a macroscopic viewpoint it makes sense to remove dodge.

vilty

11-24-2011

just bought jax before i saw this....