Inside Design: Dodge

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Silent Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2011

LOL, how many times did i post and get -20 closed post on the forums about how OP AS **** DUOGE RUNES ARE, RIOT U HAVE RE-EARNED MY CUSTOM, after being hype merchants and holding dominion over us. or was that TenCent?

Sparkfun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2011

Hopefully you dont break jax with the skill remake

Yelnik

11-24-2011

This is absolute idiocy.

There are no logical reasons for removing dodge runes included in this post. "Failing to finish an opponent with an auto-attack because they happened to get their 5% chance to dodge is a pretty poor experience for the attacker". Is that supposed to a ****ing joke?

All I gather from this removal of dodge and from the last patch is that everyone sucks at playing AD carries so you're changing everything you can in the game to make them easy to play. Stop trying to make this game noob friendly, the learning curve should remain high like it is in DotA.

So a tank has 12% dodge or so with ninja tabi, first of all, that's not a high chance whatsoever. In a perfect world this tank is going to avoid 12% of incoming auto attacks, and still receive damage from 88% of auto attacks. If you morons honestly sat down at a table, and thought having a 12% dodge chance is somehow making tanks indestructible, I would like you to refer me to your drug dealer.

Again as I said, the reason this change is happening is because, evidently, everyone who tries to play AD carries cried about it. Now what I would like to know, how are you going to deal with all the people who play tanks, and get completely obliterated after this patch (not that tanks don't already get obliterated) and cry about it. Tanks are infinitely more difficult to play than AD carries, at least to play them effectively. What you've done here is successfully make tanks more useless, and make AD carries more overpowered than they already are.

I really hope this one comes back to bite you ******* in the ass. Please employ better reasoning skills in the future.

Also I should add, if you plugs hadn't noticed, one of the roles that people do not want to play is.. you guessed it!! TANKS!!!! BECAUSE TANKING ****ING SUCKS. BECAUSE YOU DIE CONSTANTLY. You know why you die constantly? BECAUSE 10% DODGE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING ULTIMATELY.

Anyway, have fun losing more people to HoN and DotA 2. Keep reasoning like 9 year olds and see where you are in 2 years, Riot.

Sarbus

11-24-2011

Really? Too many right clickers QQing about dodge or is Riot really that dumb to remove it? I quit this game idc about Riot anymore, too many dumb decisions already made by them, can only get worse. Hello HoN.

whadayamean

11-24-2011

****ing gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarbus

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelnik View Post
This is absolute idiocy.

Stop trying to make this game noob friendly, the learning curve should remain high like it is in DotA.
LoL does not have a high learning curve at all, it only takes about one day for someone to get an understanding of how to play. LoL has a low learning curve and is therefore noob friendly and that's the way they want it because they want 8 year old children to spend money on their over priced skins.

And yes removing dodge is absolute idiocy.

VoidingNixx

11-24-2011

Another dumbass move by Riot...

Yes, lets remove ways to play so this game becomes even more cookie-cutter. Well, first they gimp one of my favorite characters, Evelynn, removing her only useful ability, the stun, despite 50k other champs in this game having stuns, slows, knock-ups, silences, etc.... then I discover Jax, which was a blast....

Well, thanks for gimping another one of my favorite characters.

I like this line by Riot...
"Failing to finish an opponent with an auto-attack because they happened to get their 5% chance to dodge is a pretty poor experience for the attacker..."

You know what is also a poor experience? Not being able to catch people and finish them off because of all the ****ing stuns in this game. 1 more hit,,, 1 more hit... STUN!!!

Bull**** Riot, what is the difference between Dodging that last hit and stunning like a ****ing pansy and running away? NOTHING!!!

I've completely lost my interest in this game and really despise Riot now.

axesandspears

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Umbra View Post
The same thing can be said for building attack speed for "auto-attack". There is nearly as little skill involved, especially for ranged, for auto-attacking an opponent to death.
Problem with your logic: Auto-attacking is a normal part of the game. Everyone has an auto-attack, and auto-attacks can be weakened by armor, and both item and champion-based attack speed slowing effects. Dodge has an issue where if it is allowed in high quantities it can completely negate damage, and it can interfere with the ability to kill opponents in a way that ruins the gameplay experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Umbra View Post
Removed "good game play decision", because as the way the game plays, building attack speed for auto-attacking is usually the good decision. As having a dodge build would have been a decent game play decision against auto-attackers (especially against those that incorporate on-hit effects; be it an Item or an Ability).
Problem with your logic: Dodge is an unreliable mechanic. So it is not a "good decision" against auto-attackers, merely annoying when it works and completely ineffective when it fails.

As I stated earlier, Armor and attack speed slowing effects weaken auto-attacks. In fact, attack speed slows are the most reliable way to weaken auto-attacks because they reduce the number of attacks that can be made in a given time and effectively lower the cap on attack speed.

Replacing Ninja Tabi's dodge with a 12% attack speed slow when hit, would actually improve the experience of both auto-attackers and defender's compared to the current dodge system, yet it would have the exact same average effect on survivability as dodge. The way attack speed slows stack, it would remain impossible for an attacker to be slowed 100%....So the effect is already balanced by its own mechanics.

VoidingNixx

11-24-2011

Reading thru a bunch of these posts... seems like the community is against this... wonder if Riot will even listen.... NAH, they don't care... they only have a month or so left before DOTA 2 squashes 'em.

GlueGlue

11-24-2011

building AS doesnt counter dodge...
if you pump out 10 attacks in 10 seconds and they have 20% dodge you hit 8/10...80% of the time
but if you pump out 100 attacks in 10 seconds and they have 20% dodge you hit 80/100...also 80% of the time.