Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So I hear all of the 'Dominion Sucks' nonsense...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dremare

11-23-2011

But WHY. Why does Dominion require no skill? Because you don't have to last hit? Does it suck because people pick the same (easily counterable) champs over and over? Because High Elo players don't play it? Because it only has 'one strategy' (HAH!)?

I guarantee that whoever thinks that Dominion is boring/takes no skill has not played a substantial amount of it. As the saying goes, 'nothing is fun until you're good at it.' Just because the skills practiced in Summoner's Rift are different from the ones practiced in Dominion doesn't mean that one sucks.

EDIT: Cool, downvote and walk away. How productive and meaningful to discussion.

Inkstone

11-23-2011

I don't think it's the game type, I think it's that Dominion punishes uncoordinated teams more than SR does. Thus solo queue feels worse and people get turned off.

CynicalChemist

11-23-2011

Upvoted.

I think it requires quite a bit of skill. It forces players to directly engage in combat and not passively farm demonstrating who really understands the nuances of their chosen champion the best. Its different but not necessarily better or worse.

Gotta love downvoters that just walk away with no reason.

DONGLORD420

Recruiter

11-23-2011

a couple things are bad right now:

a handful of champions dominate the whole mode. everyone else is pushed out.
the game is pretty much determined by the first windmill fight. those who win normally enter the next fight about a level above the other team and snowball out of control.
its less of a retarded turtling war since priscilla's was removed, but its still frustrating if you have an uncoordinated team and you have to go on 24/7 rammus/evelynn patrol

Egnatio

11-23-2011

It's awesome since it brought us ARAB, else its bull****.

Oldyoung

11-23-2011

it doesnt have a ranked mode therefore its for noobs.

so sayeth the sheeple

Zzphantom

11-23-2011

The only reason I'm bored of Dominion is because I've played a lot of it. It's a decent game mode, but it lacks a lot of depth. Dominion feels like Frogger, or Whack-A-Mole. Summoner's Rift feels more like chess.

Now I love to spend an hour on a whack-a-mole machine, but it's just not quite as satisfying as winning a game of chess. [Or rather, it's satisfying in a different way.]

The Stormchaser

11-23-2011

It's hard to coordinate.....but makes it all the more challenging

Dremare

11-23-2011

Quote:
BrightestStarr:
a couple things are bad right now:

a handful of champions dominate the whole mode. everyone else is pushed out.
the game is pretty much determined by the first windmill fight. those who win normally enter the next fight about a level above the other team and snowball out of control.

That is untrue. Tanks counter EVERY SINGLE CHAMPION that is said to "Dominate Dominion." Akali, Tryndamere, Jax, Poppy, all countered by a good Maokai or even Malphite. It's just that they are incredibly good against the tanky dps that everyone is instalocking because they can keep up with farm.

Ireliateyou

11-23-2011

Dominion requires plenty of skill. The issue is the imbalances in the game mode which gives people the inkling that it doesn't require any.