How to Turn off smart casting?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evan Gonzalez

07-01-2010

I play karthus and his first ability ( q) is stuck on smartcasting and i cannot manage to figure out how to make it stop smartcasting, i just press 1 ( keybound it to 1) however if i click the ablity, it lets me choose where to put it in my range, shows the aoe area etc.
but if i just press the hot key it goes off wherever the mouse was when i pressed it

PLEASE HELP

Helfeather

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-01-2010

I don't know of any toggle you can do. I checked in game for you in options and everywhere. the only thing i can tell you to do is to check your key binding stuff to make sure it looks like this

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...6&d=1268121950

Evan Gonzalez

07-01-2010

It does, it looks EXACTLY like that. But every time I used my ****ED Q ability, BAM right where my mouse is....SO FRUSTRATING.

colloquial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

07-01-2010

Oh. About that. That's how Karthus' Q always works.

You didn't change any key bindings or anything like that. There are a few abilities in the game that always cast at/towards where your mouse pointer is. Lay Waste is one of them.

Another ability like this is the summoner spell Flash, which teleports you to the location of your cursor.

As far as I know there is no way to change this. You'll get used to it, and I find it allows for much faster more accurate spell casts with spam-able spells like Lay Waste.

looney

07-01-2010

It is automatically casted on your cursor when you press Q (or 1 or whatever).
This is probably because of the low cooldown of the spell.

The spell is set for auto-smart-casting and you cannot change it. (like Flash for example)

Made in Asia

Recruiter

08-12-2011

i hate auto smart cast so much it messes me up when im too far from the set point on a mouse and it goes some place else

Melogrunty

08-12-2011

Cassi's Q does this also.

LancerXXX

08-12-2011

When a skill has <2 sec CD, it MIGHT be a good idea to have auto-smartcast so you can spam it? Just get used to it, it's better than not.