Supports Get No Love

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infinicia

11-23-2011

/start rant

I just played a game, and lost. And I'm pissed. Why? Because my team was doing INCREDIBLE, like just dominating all game, and then out of nowhere the other team gets baron and they just push our inhibitor and win the game.

So because they got baron, my whole team starts whining about how it was my fault as Soraka for not warding baron that they lost. Like seriously, OUT OF NOWHERE, they start whining about how bad I am for every little aspect. They even dared to say I didn't ward enough.

I had a constant ward upkeep of 3 wards at any given time. I bought oracles early. The most I had were my 3 gp5 items and boots. Now my team at the end of the game just whined so hard about me not warding. Do you know how infuriating it is for me to play to help my team out as much as I can and even get a relatively good score, and manage to clear wards all game, and pretty much heal/mana your team to hell and then STILL get *****ed out at for something you did all game?

It just pisses me off that they didn't even bring up needing to ward baron until the very end of the game when we were losing AND the only times I would ever be able to get over to that side to ward would get me killed because of course they weren't anywhere near baron. I didn't even have any deaths all game. My last 2 were when they were pushing our rax.

/rant

RapidDarkness

Recruiter

11-23-2011

That sucks as a sona player who always gets hated on because "we need moar dps" I feel ya

Necairus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

I like to remind them that they are fully capable to buy wards and help out on awareness.. since they're getting more gold than I am.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

Got to say though, it is whole team's fault.

Anyone, and I mean it, should keep the baron warded once the enemy are pass level 14, and I am freaking serious, because a team that had passed level 14 can finish the baron faster than you get there.

Canadían

12-07-2011

Supports are underrated. A good support wins games, Sonas ult wins team fights, so does NuNu's.

Noctis XV

12-07-2011

I play nidalee, but extremely offensively, and max heal second to last. Does she still count as support?

YOU SO BAD

12-07-2011

everytime any player goes back and has any gold left they buy atleast 1 ward. this will make you a better player and win games. a ward is 3 minions. thats 3 seconds for 3 min of vision.

Bocelot

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArisatoMinat0 View Post
I play nidalee, but extremely offensively, and max heal second to last. Does she still count as support?
Supportish, but not true support like soraka, sona, or janna. I suppose you could play pure support with nidalee but then you wouldn't be "extremely offensive".

larkhill

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinicia View Post
I had a constant ward upkeep of 3 wards at any given time.
how do u have that many wards and not ward baron?

yes, its the whole teams fault and their wrong to blame u but if ur buying that many wards, drop 1 at baron imo

IshiFox

12-09-2011

I know how you feel, I play Sona, Janna and Ali a lot. Yet people really don't know how a support player plays, either your laning partner is too busy trying to force a gank as opposed to hitting creeps to level you, or forcing you to save their arses a few too many times to end up being mana starved. And the moment you make a tiny mistake or something goes wrong we called feeders, and noobs, and god knows all sorts.

Today alone, I'm Sona, and a Jungle lee says to me "Sona feeder, 0/3.... Feeder" he forgets the 23 assists. Then I play Jana, there is an aggressive riven on the other team, who leaps past 4 people to kill me over and over, I end up 2/6/21 but I was the feeder the lost us the game.

In fairness, I say to you guys. Don't play support solo queue, set up a team, your appreciated that way,or at least set it up so you lane with someone you trust. We the unsung heros when we win, and the reason when we lose. Doubt that will ever chance, but still...

Karma, Sona, Janna, Soraka, Alistar, Taric.... We still love you!