Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Kog'Maw's Guide to Tank Chewing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XLBiceps

03-06-2011

i say get sorcerers shoes or merc treads cause you will have enough attack speed from the other offensive items that you can make much more usefullness out of the other boots

Aeonstorm

03-06-2011

Quote:
Zackalinas:
i say get sorcerers shoes or merc treads cause you will have enough attack speed from the other offensive items that you can make much more usefullness out of the other boots

Sorc shoes are good lategame, but beserker's do more for his dps and farming ability early game. merc's treads are pretty useless... if you get slowed or stunned, u are dead, full stop. kog needs phantom dancers and ghost/flash for positioning to avoid getting slowed or stunned.

vladthemanana

03-07-2011

i remember when malady was as/lifesteal. use to be great for koggles.

Llian

03-23-2011

Quote:
vladthemanana:
i remember when malady was as/lifesteal. use to be great for koggles.

It still is. more magic damage. Hit w with blood razer and WATCH a tanks HP dissapear

Crock3rs

03-25-2011

I actually have been using a hybrid. When I first start out, I grab boots and the health potions. I start following the guide until level 6, and then things get funky. For a third item, I grab malady, and at this point, I can completely abuse W. Then I grab an abyssal septer, void staff, and rabadons. My attack speed is ~2.000(with runes) and I can get that shining 10% of damage per hit.

But wait, theres more. With the final 3 items, I can really start using all of my abilities, Then my initiation is Q -> E -> W-> (They always try to gank me at this point)

You can usually ace the team if they are all there. Kill the furthest champ, then work your way in. It sounds cocky, but I get 300+ AP, 20+ magic pen, and 40%(55%) magic pen as well. All your abilities really shine. Try it out.

failphobia

10-22-2011

Quote:
Crock3rs:
I actually have been using a hybrid. When I first start out, I grab boots and the health potions. I start following the guide until level 6, and then things get funky. For a third item, I grab malady, and at this point, I can completely abuse W. Then I grab an abyssal septer, void staff, and rabadons. My attack speed is ~2.000(with runes) and I can get that shining 10% of damage per hit.

But wait, theres more. With the final 3 items, I can really start using all of my abilities, Then my initiation is Q -> E -> W-> (They always try to gank me at this point)

You can usually ace the team if they are all there. Kill the furthest champ, then work your way in. It sounds cocky, but I get 300+ AP, 20+ magic pen, and 40%(55%) magic pen as well. All your abilities really shine. Try it out.

Nice build! I use a hybrid build too when using Kog, but I put equal focus on AD and AP.Because my runes are all attack speed, and my first ability i level up is Q, I start off with about 1.0 attack speed One thing I can't fix up with me using Kog is becoming OOM. So I start off with Dorans, then Tear of the Goddess and Berseaker's Greaves. After I get Guinsoo's Rageblade and Hextech Gunblade (yes, I know they nerfed its AD, but it's still viable for the LS and SV). The next two items are fully dependent on the enemy team. If I feel good, I get frozen mallet and rylai's for the lulz (every spell and autoattack u do to them slows them. If you hit them, they're dead.) But if they're tank, then I go Madred's and Trinity. Or if you somewhat need to go armor and magic resist and feel the AP type, then go Zhonya's Hourglass (50 armor, 100 ap) and abyssal scepter (70 ap, 57 mr). Or you can try mixing all of them up to see what happens. Just my two cents

ImagoDeo

02-14-2012

Not sure if you're still keeping track of this, but should I buy the champion and play him if I have no attack speed runes yet? I could maybe make do with armor pen reds, health or mana regen yellows, CDR/level glyphs, and movespeed quints. I do have the IP to start getting runes, though. Could buy full red and blue attack speed runes, or full quints. What would you recommend?

ExecutionerK

02-14-2012

Quote:
ImagoDeo:
Not sure if you're still keeping track of this, but should I buy the champion and play him if I have no attack speed runes yet? I could maybe make do with armor pen reds, health or mana regen yellows, CDR/level glyphs, and movespeed quints. I do have the IP to start getting runes, though. Could buy full red and blue attack speed runes, or full quints. What would you recommend?

Armor pen Red is good for AD Kog