Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Kog'Maw's Guide to Tank Chewing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KittenBurglar

11-07-2010

Kog'maw's W does physical damage.

Skitzafreak

Recruiter

12-20-2010

Just finished doing a new update and overhaul to the guide. Enjoy =)

Mambazo

12-20-2010

Kog is one of the few champs that I think is justifiably 6300 IP. Wish I had him.

csemin

12-21-2010

i played against you . i'll try this out when i finally buy kog.

Skitzafreak

Recruiter

12-21-2010

Quote:
DirtyDiana123:
i played against you . i'll try this out when i finally buy kog.

LOL did you? I don't remember :V

csemin

12-21-2010

I was the shaco I remembered you because of reindeer kog skin. very sexy

Freakooo

12-21-2010

I have a few questions. (Going to buy Kog'Maw soon)

One of the recent patches said that they fixed it where barrage does physical damage instead of magical damage. But since you're building AD/AS, does that mean AD still helps with Barrage? Then what did the patch do? >.>

Skitzafreak

Recruiter

12-21-2010

Quote:
Freakooo:
I have a few questions. (Going to buy Kog'Maw soon)

One of the recent patches said that they fixed it where barrage does physical damage instead of magical damage. But since you're building AD/AS, does that mean AD still helps with Barrage? Then what did the patch do? >.>

Actually what the patch fix was, was that BAB was doing physical damage INSTEAD of magic damage like it was suppose to. The patch fix made it do it's normal magic damage.

With this build everything still works well with Kog'maw. By biggest problem in playing right now is that I don't have all my AS runes yet. However I did test out the AS rune build on my friend's account so I know it works ^_^

That help?

Freakooo

12-22-2010

So I gave in and bought Kog'Maw yesterday using this guide and did pretty well. Thanks~!

Also my main question was that since Barrage does magical damage, why do we build for AD? Wouldn't like AS/AP build be better?

Skitzafreak

Recruiter

12-22-2010

Quote:
Freakooo:
So I gave in and bought Kog'Maw yesterday using this guide and did pretty well. Thanks~!

Also my main question was that since Barrage does magical damage, why do we build for AD? Wouldn't like AS/AP build be better?

The only AD items this build really has are Frozen Mallet, Madreds and Black Cleaver.

Frozen Mallet is there because it helps with chasing, not strictly because of the AD
Madreds is TOO good with Kog's W
Black Cleaver is a good way to shred opponents quickly because of its armor reduction.

If there was a better version of Malady out I would recommend that in the situation where your opponents stack MR. However Malady isn't good enough imo to be of much use in those cases to begin with.

EDIT: BTW, I am glad the build worked for ya =)