Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Kog'Maw's Guide to Tank Chewing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheAtheistGod

09-25-2010

His ultimate is +150% damage vs champs or 250%. It's 200 300 400 vs champs not 120 180 240

Graiskye

09-29-2010

One thing to consider is too build 'Fiendish Codex' for mana, if the game goes well, you build this into a Nashors.
Just a lil bit that might help in the end game damage output.
Chalice is great, but end game, you are still stuk with chalice, while you could sell it, I recently have tried just starting with the Fiendish Codex, on all my champs that I would use a chalice on, and it has been working just fine.
Great in fact.
-G.

Grimm0065

09-30-2010

Caustic Spittle (Q):
Passive: Increases Armor Penetration by 13/16/19/22/25%
Active: Kog'Maw launches a corrosive projectile which deals 60/110/160/210/260(0.7 ability power ratio) magic damage and doubles his passive armor penetration for 4 seconds (Removes the passive until available again).

You should update that spell considering now it gives + attack speed and a armor reduction debuff on casting instead of passive armor reduction. If that was mentioned in one of the other comments then I'm sorry that I missed it.

ImaSaint

10-07-2010

First time with Kog'maw and got a quadrakill :O nice guide

AngryCloud

10-21-2010

Really nice!

In more serious matches I follow your build. In pubs I change the item order a bit.

It helped me a lot.. thanks!

DarkHero

10-22-2010

I'd like to say that i like ad kogmaw however i bought him firstday he came out and have played all 3 specs rather intensively i must say that each has there flaws but for serious ranked matches and such where enemy teams are always like *oh look a kogmaw**looks at kogmaw**kogmaw dies* ad isnt much help since even though w improves his range he is still dangerously close to enemy champs ap is nice but it cant be focused on i love the balance that ap hybrid brings to kogmaw *i plan on makign guide for that soon* for example in a typical kog maw game i have around 400 ap and that ap bonus brings my % w dmg to around 12% so even though i try and stay away IF they happen to get close i still **** on their face with w and can be just as powerfull as ad and with the hybrid ur ultimate bomb just wrecks teams *if u can land it accurately*

Nub2Pro

10-23-2010

Here is my build for Kog-Maw...

http://www.nub2pro.com/#adSUmR3YWei9...dJYRQVwlANO3FF (http://www.nub2pro.com/#adSUmR3YWei9jtXDYhddJYRQVwlANO3FF)

With the full build and Bio-Arcane Barrage on, you are doing over 1,500 true damage per second to the average squishy and much more to any health stackers. Also,

Skitzafreak

Recruiter

11-07-2010

Thought I would let everyone know I should be updating my guide in the next couple of days. I need to test a few more ideas to see what works better/worse and see if I need to make any changes.

rEkcAh

11-07-2010

lol @ this guide

Grinningsphinx

11-07-2010

umm...your runes arent optimal.

Kog Maws killing power comes from W, nothing else. Since the majority of your damage will be magic from w and razor, you want Mpen runes in reds and attack speed runes everywhere else. Possibly move speed quints because move speed is going to allow you to chase the inevitable runners. I gaurantee attack speed is better then nearly anything else though, because of Q's passive.