Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Kog'Maw's Guide to Tank Chewing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

California Vibes

07-04-2010

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out but I have two things to say:
1. Your skill build has a excessive amount of E's
2. (Fun Tip) If there is an enemy minion near the turret pop your Q and attack the turret. This usually lets you deal true damage to it.

Skitzafreak

Recruiter

07-04-2010

I just realized I had too many 'E' in my skill order. Thanks for pointing it out though. Honestly spell check can only do so much @.@

As for the Nashor's Tooth Suggestion:

At first I was using Zeal, which can me the attack speed I was looking for. However I also found that I needed to do more damage, so that's why I switched to Guinsoo's Rageblade. I'll try the Tooth and see how it works though.

Backdoor Brian

07-04-2010

Quote:
Skitz24:
Kog'Maw, the Chewer of Champions

'If that's just hungry, I don't want to see angry.' --Tryndamere, the Barbarian King [/I]

(Shen, and Cho'Gath beware!)

This made me laugh(the Tryndamere bit) But also made me curious as to how a Kog/ MF'ing Cho combo on a team would work, a sweet range dps fighter followed up by a tank that nearly nothing can kill short of 5 man squads(and even then they usually can't do more than irritate him if he's built right). Sounds beastly imo, of course I have yet to fight a Kog'Maw as the MF'ing Cho'Gath, I did fight one as a tankish Mordekaiser, and nearly did die against it, mainly because of the range I wasn't expecting, now I know what to expect. Thanks for the guide man, might try Kog sometime.

Pellerd

07-08-2010

nice, 8 lvls in E..., i think you mixed up those QWER skills

Skitzafreak

Recruiter

07-08-2010

Quote:
Pellerd:
nice, 8 lvls in E..., i think you mixed up those QWER skills

Ya, the excess of E's at the end were suppose to be Q's :P

I just realized this (and fixed it :P)

Bl3nd3r

07-12-2010

Nice guide. I have started to play him and I tried out this guide,l but it didnt really work for me... So i thought of new items which would benefit him more with his hybrid potentials.
1)Sapphire+pots
2)Boots depending on the game
3)Make sapphire into sheen
4)Guinsoo's Rageblade
5)Nashors tooth
6)Hextech Gunblade
7)Make sheen into a trinity force
And then if the game carries on for a while i usually finsih up with a guardians angel just to be less squishy...
I have had some good games with this and just thought people might want to take it into consideration.

Malev

07-19-2010

I love the fact that you deviated from the normal with an AD Kog'Maw! But it looks like you just went the plain old madreds and some AD items build. An interesting build you should try.....Attack Speed. Yes I said Attack Speed. Its an amazing counter for tanks but just about anyone else too. Start with madreds, get starks, nashors, and there ya go your doing 2 attacks a second and that's 20% of their HP per second. If you max your attack speed you ca kill someone i like three seconds with no damage items.
I dubbed this build the Tank Destroyer.

MasqureMan

07-19-2010

The kogmaw AP build of archangels, rod of ages,and stacking zhonjas there after works well for people having trouble with AP. Don't forget rylais scepter.

Nugus

08-01-2010

I love this build.....Since I have gone to it....I am 3-0....My last game I went 6-0-10, and they quit at 25......Thanks alot.

ps. Can't emphasize enough.....DON'T OVEREXTEND!!!!!

aquablade

08-01-2010

SAVING UP FOR HIM....uggg