Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Kog'Maw's Guide to Tank Chewing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeraphElessar

07-02-2010

Tried this last night and it worked pretty well. With my old build I was basically solely dependent on R, but this build makes much better use of all of his skills, particularly Q. Now instead of being useless when caught in the middle of a battle as opposed to supporting from a distance, you can use Q, W, attack the biggest threat, mix in some Es and Rs, and watch big chunks of enemy health disappear. R does a bit less damage than it used to, but I can still chase down a dying enemy and finish them off at range.

Thanks good sir for the guide.

Cumulous

07-02-2010

Rageblade seems like a shoe in for your build, With Bio you have ridiculous range anyway, + your attack speed Rageblade gives really good stats for the money when you get it to 8 stacks.

Yugi

Recruiter

07-02-2010

Poppy is not a tank.

he's a TANKY dps/AD.

Thank you. :3

I recommended my friend to try this guide,
he went 12-1-3, he's not complaining.
thanks for the good read.

PushinPurP

07-02-2010

i like the the phys build but hybird makes you all around a better hero. chalice rod of the ages (for hp mana and abillty power, wht more could u ask for) then guinsoo for his W ability, then finished it off wiht a will of the ancients. This build makes all of your spells nukes and buffs up ur W ability with the guinsoo. You can stay in team fights and ur almost impossible to kill with the will of the ancients healing u every sec and ur damage output is nuts, phys and magical. Theres no defense against. If the enemy gets hp u suck it down 8% per hit, phys armor: your passive plus ur spells, mag res: u attack fast enough with your W ability to cut em down. Its very balanced. Please try it out and tell me wht u think.

Xianio

07-02-2010

This is an interesting build but I fail to see how it's a "tank chewing" build.

You have no Armor pen (outside of Q) and your damage is primarily reliant on a tank not having MR. If a tank stacks both MR and Armor you're basically without a paddle with this build. I'm not saying it's bad but you may want to consider last whisper instead of phantom dancer that way Armor has almost 0 effect so that no matter what a tank does you've still got very solid damage.

Skitzafreak

Recruiter

07-02-2010

I am glad people have tried this and had it work for them =D

I am actually considering throwing in the Rageblade as it does seem to want to be in here.

After doing some more testing, I realized this build needs more bang for it's buck, so I will be making a few changes. Stay tuned :P

And on the topic of the hybrid Kog'Maw Build:

When I first bought Kog'Maw I started with straight AP, and realized his ratios and cooldowns weren't good for a straight Ap character. Then I tried hybrid as that is what a lot of people have been talking about, and I did better than I did with straight AP, but I still didn't do that well. That's when I figured to do physical damage and started to do great. I still get some weird comments from people when I grab Madred's Razor.

"WTF? AD Kog? =S"

EDIT: As for why I called this the guide to tank chewing, it's just a joke I had with some friends. =P

Skitzafreak

Recruiter

07-02-2010

Just doing a bump as I have completed editting the guide.

A few things I've changed are:

Summoner Spells:
I now recommend Cleanse instead of Teleport

Masteries:
Changed to a 16/3/11 build

Items:
Took out Phantom Dancer and Replaced it with Guinsoo's Rageblade.

I also did my best to fix the typos. If you find any more in there, let me know.

Skitzafreak

Recruiter

07-04-2010

Shameless self bump >_>

Numbat

07-04-2010

You better proof read your guide some more, you've got quite a few typos and that skill order is literally impossible.

Gunflame

07-04-2010

Quote:
Skitz24:
Just doing a bump as I have completed editting the guide.

A few things I've changed are:

Summoner Spells:
I now recommend Cleanse instead of Teleport

Masteries:
Changed to a 16/3/11 build

Items:
Took out Phantom Dancer and Replaced it with Guinsoo's Rageblade.

I also did my best to fix the typos. If you find any more in there, let me know.

Nazhor is better than rangeblade in this build... no only oyu get a attack speed and some AP... but also you get the cooldown reduction and mana regen.

It is an expensive item though