Chogath New Masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carnage94

11-23-2011

What is the most optimal mastery build for Tank/ Ap tank chogath.

With the new masteries I find that the usual 9-0-21 build for chogath just isn't as good as it used to be. The utility tree has its cooldown reduction matched in the defense tree and the magic penetration from the offense tree has been lowered from 15% to 10%.

So I was wondering for all you cho players out there, what has been the most effective Mastery build for chogath after the new masteries came out?

I would like to hear your mastery build for tank, ap and jungle builds.

Carnage94

11-23-2011

Bump... need help

Gunflame

11-24-2011

Well it depends on your playstyle.... personally I have always gone very ready in the defensive in order to solo top with high sustainability.

Therefore I would get something like this:
http://www.ultimate-bravery.com/masteries.php?att=0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&def=0-0-3-2-4-3-2-1-0-0-1-3-3-3-3-1&uti=1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&lang=en

theplqa

11-24-2011

Exactly the same as before.9-0-21.Cho' really does not need the offensive tree or defensive tree at all.

Carnage94

11-24-2011

^ I find the utility tree a bit out gunned by offense and defense trees this season. Especially because the main use for utility is the cd reduction, which is matched by the defense tree.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2011

Defense is good because you can pretty much have +5% movement speed at all times with Cho's sustain and 8 points utility. That extra speed makes a big difference for landing Rupture and backing away from harassment in lane.

Carnage94

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobocop View Post
Defense is good because you can pretty much have +5% movement speed at all times with Cho's sustain and 8 points utility. That extra speed makes a big difference for landing Rupture and backing away from harassment in lane.
Have u tried 9-21-0?

Are the 8 points in utility better than 4% cd redux and 10% magic pen?

Patyfatycake

11-24-2011

I prefer 21/0/9, Like the extra damage and defence you don't need becaue you build tanky and naturally are.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage94 View Post
Have u tried 9-21-0?

Are the 8 points in utility better than 4% cd redux and 10% magic pen?
The 4% CDR is pretty minimal since in most cases, you're going to be getting a big CDR item anyway as Cho, and frontloaded CDR isn't that great on him in the first place, since he's real mana hungry early game. 10% magic pen is nice but it doesn't really outweigh the extra movement speed since positioning for Rupture is extremely important. Magic pen isn't super important for Cho anyway since his AP ratios are so good and Feast is true damage.