Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

00Rathiel00

06-29-2012

Well, i was worried about the amount of people visiting this thread. Luckily just a little bump fixed that.

Justice for Rene!

00Rathiel00

06-30-2012

by the way, where's the OP?

Tazabreu

07-01-2012

Renekton has a very nice kit, and he doesnt need huge buffs.
He needs a passive that suits better with the roles he is intended to fit.

In my opinion, it would be nice to see:

His passive changes: Renekton gains percentual armor penetrations equal to 1% of his victim's maximum HP.

His W changes: Stun animation duration reduced to 0.25 secs

His Ultimate changes: (considering ideas published here before) Renekton gains 300/450/600 HP and 50/75/100 fury. Damage and scaling could be the same, but increasing it's damage by 1% for every percent of health missing. Same happening with his fury replenishment. 5 per second + 1% for 1% of hp missing...

These buffs wouldnt change his early game strenght by too much, considering percentual armor penetration early in the game isn't that considerable. Late game he would be turned into a true shredding machine, being able to hit hard any kind of champ (nice boost to enemy tanks, but not much changes to squishy enemies).

Just ideas tho, the values probably have to be adjusted, but, these would be nice changes for his late game.

PS: Garen has more late game problems than Renek.
PS2: sorry for my bad english

Shampu

07-01-2012

Renekton is currently not a competitive pick. He has seen a single tourni win by wingsofdeathx in which the entire team stomped. No contest there. IMO, Renekton needs:

1. An actual passive (giving bonus fury when at low health sucks. compare it to other bruiser passives)
2. The self-stun on W needs to be removed (when used with fury it actually stuns you for longer as well)
3. The effect of an empowered dice is garbage (I probably have around 800 Renekton games and I've utilized it maybe 3 times total)
4. As far as I can tell, Renekton's main stats are AD, CDR, and Defense. CDR itemization for Ren is a disaster. Giving Brutalizer a proper upgrade would be a godsend for Ren.
5. Can someone explain why Q heal has such a horrific cap? I hope you are dominating your lane, because that heal is near useless if your opponent decides to play aggressively.

My pipe dream: When R is active, Slice and Dice can be used up to 5 times, continuing as long as Renekton strikes enemies with the dashes.

00Rathiel00

07-02-2012

So we'll see buffs for Orianna, Nunu and LeBlank in the next patch, but still no love for Renekton.

and i seriously don't think the ad caster item will be good and specific enough to improve Renekton's game that much without improving even more the game of the other ad casters.

Sachel Page

07-02-2012

Thanks for the posting shampu as many will tell ya we all be posting for months and what do we get a E armor pen buff nice as it may be it not the end all be all for renekton. The many complaints that have been posted for months were not even looked into it seems and we continue to get the feeling that Renekton will be what he is for good ad caster item I fear won't solve all his issues but I take it Riot seems to think it will.

The Q heal cap is out of fear I believe. When renekton was first released his numbers were insane and being the first manaless champ Riot just blasted him with nerfs 3 months after release nerfing his sustain and also even his fury heal so he suffers samething as xin zhao Riot just has this fear of renekton. But they turn Olaf, Mundo, Shen into tourney relevant pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shampu View Post
Renekton is currently not a competitive pick. He has seen a single tourni win by wingsofdeathx in which the entire team stomped. No contest there. IMO, Renekton needs:

1. An actual passive (giving bonus fury when at low health sucks. compare it to other bruiser passives)
2. The self-stun on W needs to be removed (when used with fury it actually stuns you for longer as well)
3. The effect of an empowered dice is garbage (I probably have around 800 Renekton games and I've utilized it maybe 3 times total)
4. As far as I can tell, Renekton's main stats are AD, CDR, and Defense. CDR itemization for Ren is a disaster. Giving Brutalizer a proper upgrade would be a godsend for Ren.
5. Can someone explain why Q heal has such a horrific cap? I hope you are dominating your lane, because that heal is near useless if your opponent decides to play aggressively.

My pipe dream: When R is active, Slice and Dice can be used up to 5 times, continuing as long as Renekton strikes enemies with the dashes.

Sachel Page

07-02-2012

Hate to say this but I agree with ya man. Riot might be putting to much stock into this Ad caster item. In that it will solve the many issues for ren but i don't think it will help him as much as they think it will.

That's why they have not done more with him at this point.many think as the Ad caster item will help him some but not as much as some think and when did this guy go from bruiser tanky DPS to ad caster or did we all miss this transformation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Rathiel00 View Post
So we'll see buffs for Orianna, Nunu and LeBlank in the next patch, but still no love for Renekton.

and i seriously don't think the ad caster item will be good and specific enough to improve Renekton's game that much without improving even more the game of the other ad casters.

Sachel Page

07-02-2012

I made this post http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...light=renekton feel free to comment and I will reply as always. Main reason for this post I really hope to hear from Riot as to why they buffed the E and just did not seem to look at anything else concerning our favorite Croc. Also want to hear what you guys have to say on this E armor pen increase as we did not get a patch preview to explain the logic on this. Again we have all been asking about many things concerning renekton on both sides of the spectrum and to get this change just seems weird.

John Thelrick

07-02-2012

Do you guys really think that renekton needs an ad caster item?

Imo, champs should be able to make different builds, and not be stuck with a must have item... Balance changes are always good (his passive riot, please).

Shampu

07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I'm short on time right now, and I know there's some "give Renekton some love" threads, but he gets used a reasonable amount in tourney and high-elo play. Other than new build options (which is fun for any character), I don't see what we need to do here.
wth..