Disable ALL chat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CptMonkeyFist

11-23-2011

To be honest, one of the number one complaints I get from friends who play LOL with me is that the community is brutal to new players and I can't help but agree. One of the biggest contributors is ALL chat. I have been playing LOL for over a year and the ONLY things I have EVER seen ALL chat used for is:
1. To demoralize the enemy team
2. To apologize for an enemy player leaving
3. To feed the enemy team by giving them locations of your teammates.

99.999999% of the time it is used to demoralize the enemy team, which discourages new players. To be honest, all chat serves no practical purpose. All it really does is to allow prepubescent boys to feed their egos and to dissuade ANY new players from playing the game.

It should be removed, entirely. You would notice a dramatic change in your new player base.

Neiak

11-23-2011

U crazy? No chat? maybe u have back luck with yourteammates, when play i always speak to my team about the strategy, even if i go random 5v5, chat help a lot to comunicate

Torrigon

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiak View Post
U crazy? No chat? maybe u have back luck with yourteammates, when play i always speak to my team about the strategy, even if i go random 5v5, chat help a lot to comunicate
He was talking about /ALL chat, reading comprehension is an asset

Gnoram

11-27-2011

I'd also like to see it removed. Sure, there's well mannered players out there that wish the glhf from time to time, or jokes going around at the start of the game, but it's used for trash talk, taunting, and trolling the majority of the time. It can really distract teammates to the point that they get into a heated argument and totally neglect the way they are playing.

elluvium

11-29-2011

which is part of the game, to a certain extent friendly trash talk is fine. I mean Shen has a TAUNT ability!
Keep in mind there is a mute option. It just should be easier to identify

Timothylockhart

11-30-2011

It should stay exactly how it is, I know I tell the enemy team good job, I also give them tips sometimes

Infinyh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

Let's just all continu our good job with the tribunal ! 1 day we shall Win against /all Terrorism.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

12-02-2011

I could see the ability to ignore all enemy chat somewhere in the options, but I personally like being able to complement when an enemy pulls off a great gank, or gripe in good nature when someone escapes at <5% health.