Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Renekton - his problems and why his passive needs a MINOR change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

solidfake

11-23-2011

I just took parts of this straight out of another Renekton thread, cause I think my suggestion is not bad and it should be seen by everyone who does have an opinion about Renekton.
Also more threads about Renekton can't hurt, right?

His current state:
Renekton is okay at solo top, but only early game. He can, if given the opportunity by his enemies buying wrong items against him or playing bad, dominate solo top, but he can also be dominated by outharrasing him or getting help from junglers.
So we will say he is pretty balanced in early game.

His current state:
While his early is balanced, the longer the game goes, the heavier Renekton falls off. If he doesn't get his needed farm in early game or doesn't dominate his lane, he is pretty much useless lategame and is degraded to a 0.75 stun. Other bruisers are way better than him in late game, be it cause of more utility, less farm dependance or more burst and survivability.

The problem:
Renekton needs fury to make his spells deal decent damage, but in lategame, you cannot gain fury as fast and easy as in the lanephase.
His passive mostly needs a minor change, it is nigh impossible to get fury in fights as fast as e.g. tryndamere, also Renekton needs fury for nearly all his skill for them to deal equal damage as other bruisers.
The idea of being constantly in combat, what riot thought at creating his passive, doesn't apply. In lategame you stand by your team, and wait for an opportunity to initiate or for your tank to do so.
It makes you impossible to get decent use of your rage mechanics, and that is why he falls off so heavily lategame.
While shyvana does generate fury by doing nothing and even not decreasing it with time, and tryndamere needing fury only for one of his skills and be able to make his fury bar full in 3 hits, Renekton is completely left behind lategame cause of his passive that doesn't scale with the progress of the game.

My solution:
Renektons generates 20% more fury for each additional enemy champion after the first around him (so near 5 enemies, he will get 4x20% fury generation, so he can regenerate 80% more fury with his attacks and Q).
This would not buff his lanephase in any single way, but will allow Renekton to hold on lategame with his fury-regeneration.
Or making his fury not decrease after a specific level, or at least letting it decrease slower.

I would myself like to see even more minor buffs given to him, like tiny increased heal on Q, a scaling stuntime of W with the level of the skill, a slightly increased range of E and maybe his ultimate having a weak scale with ad isntead of ap, maybe +0.1xadditional ad. But I know that everyone and his mother seems to fear that he gets op again, so just tell me what you think about my passive change idea ^^

Jagunço do Tripé

11-23-2011

bump

solidfake

11-23-2011

bump

LtmStudMuffin

11-23-2011

Bump

audiophillia

11-23-2011

agree. bump.

LtmStudMuffin

11-23-2011

Bump for Croc justice. Why should his brother get a great late game when he doesn't?!

HATERZGUNNAHATE

11-23-2011

Totally agree with the OP love the idea bump for the croc.

Grmaldicion

11-23-2011

bumpity bump

Myrmidont

11-23-2011

Like the idea, seems pretty elegant and pretty fair.

Is this in addition to his current passive or a removal of his current with this new one taking its place?

solidfake

11-23-2011

Quote:
Myrmidont:
Like the idea, seems pretty elegant and pretty fair.

Is this in addition to his current passive or a removal of his current with this new one taking its place?

I considered the old passive to be removed for it (the under 50% hp part, not the generates fury with AA part )