Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I live in Australia, whats the best server to play on?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cludoo

11-23-2011

So, I live in Australia what would be the best Server to play on to get the best connection i can.

North America
EU West
EU Nordic & East

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but im not too smart in the whole geography stuff :P haha thanks guys.

xpsychedelico

11-23-2011

I'm not sure which is best geographically, but I do know that many Australian players are on the NA server. You may experience some lag, though.

shalexade

11-23-2011

I get a much better ping when I play on NA over EUW - haven't tried EUE yet though.

WatchingPaintDry

Recruiter

05-01-2012

Garena. lol necro

Jurgrady

05-01-2012

In most games Aussies are left with this choice and most of the time they go NA. It was actually a big debate in D3 because of the RMAH, and the Aussie default region was going to be the oceanic servers, even though the NA ones still gave them less ping. This was solved eventually with more info about the RMAH though.

Anyway, NA for sure. You could just start an account on EuE and one on NA, and see for yourself though.

Seasoned Salmon

05-02-2012

Im Australian (QLD) and I play on NA with a 250-200 ping which is acceptable enough for me. I tried European servers and they are worse.

ActuallyMellow

05-02-2012

West is the best. I get 180 it is closer to Australia.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

05-02-2012

(Thread is old, the OP is no longer around to hear your advice; let it die.)