Massive lag spikes at random, in excess of 18000ms

1234511 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

terricon4

11-23-2011

Since a patch about two weeks ago, i started getting random spikes in games, i could be running with a nice 38ms ping, only to suddenly lose control for ten seconds with it reporting a few thousand. Several times it had felt like I got disconnected and shown 18 thousand ms ping. To my knowledge 10 seconds is the standard disconnect time for most network systems so this is rather odd. When this happens it only affects League of Legends. Youtube, Firefox, and other games all work fine when this happens, I can refresh a web page in less than a second full of images yet tabbing back in I still see 18000+ ms.

This started out last week happening like once or twice a day, now its happening several times a game in some cases. With lots of smaller ones throughout the game, I have probably become horrible to play with from my allies perspectives, and am having no fun myself in games that this problem occurs. I cant find any other posts about it on the forums, given the reputation the bug thread gets I'm not surprised, however several other people in games I have played say they have had odd lag spikes as well for about a week or two.

If there is any knowledge as to why this might have happened, or if you need further info, please ask, I hope that this is just a temporary problem as I would hate to have to stop playing League of Legends. Sure Firefall is coming out, but not all my friends like shooters, and the moba genre is quite to my liking.

Ultty

11-23-2011

Same issue here, it started for me the past 2 days and today its been the worst day ever, cant play at all without my game spiking every 2-3 secs. My connection is just fine, ive port fowarded everything that was needed and STILL i get these massive spikes. Hopefully i can start playing WoW again within the next 3 days so i really hope they fix this issue as id hate to stop playing LoL bc of these random spikes that seem to happen every now and then =S

Tlacok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

I actually have the same problem but my ms shows that my connection is fine because I always play with 170-180ms. For example I have taunted with Shen and the animation skips the whole dashing of the taunt, I suddenly appear at the end of the dash, but I never see the whole animation and the ms was fine. Today I died when I played with Rammus, all I saw in the screen was him still walking and then I asked a friend of mine if I died and he told me that I had already died, after 5 secs the dead corpse of Rammus lying in the ground was shown. Fix this that has been happening to me and other people since the recent patch.

StarShade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2011

This happened to me in two practice games earlier this week, but hasn't happened since.

cinnaminion

11-24-2011

Same here guys, me and all of my friends, along with random players I have encountered have all been experiencing massive lag spikes, game crashes, and latency issues. Ironically I just recently upgraded my internet speed, and when I walked into a game, and got a 60,000 (Yes, Sixty Thousand) Latency count, I was super upset. So It can't be my internet connection because I was clocked in at 11.46 Mbps while the lag spike occurred. Dominion is completely unplayable for me at the moment as well. I hope this gets resolved quickly.

Koominyo

11-24-2011

Same problem here, i can't play this game anymore >__< please fix it!

terricon4

11-24-2011

Wow, 60 thousand, thats just wrong, no way it could get that if it where you're ping, it would take a full minute just waiting before it should pop that high, I wander what percent of the player base this actually effects, almost twenty percent of the people I meet and ask say they have it in game, but my numbers are not a reliable average.

Clarisax

11-24-2011

Same problem here, my elo went down from 1300 to 1100, lot of conecction bugs, i lost like 30 elo from supposed "ranked champ selection dodges" and other losses due to freeze. Please fix it as fast as possible.

Voxxus

11-24-2011

same issues here

cinnaminion

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by terricon4 View Post
Wow, 60 thousand, thats just wrong, no way it could get that if it where you're ping, it would take a full minute just waiting before it should pop that high, I wander what percent of the player base this actually effects, almost twenty percent of the people I meet and ask say they have it in game, but my numbers are not a reliable average.

It was the worst. I tried to explain to my teammates that I was lagging, and I didn't want to leave the game. But yes, everything was taking around a minute to show up any action's or text sent into chat. Ridiculous.

1234511 ... 13