Riot hates Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fire Swamp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

I was thinking about another idea for a multiplayer map. It would consists of 12 people total in the game. The map could be like summoner's rift size. The game is made up of 4 teams of 3 people. Therefore, they're 4 bases, once at each corner of the map. There would be 2 waves of minions while the the center and the outside of the map has a jungle.

The reason why this game could become a popular game mode or even a tournament/championship map is because it is made up of co-operation through out the whole game. Another cool feature would be each team is given a ally at the beggining of the game. The bonuses to having a ally is that you will have a partner until one team is destroyed.When ever a nexus of a base is destroyed, the team that destroyed it is given "X" amount of gold. The team that has been eliminated will then be split up and 1 person will be given to each team. Once that happens, all allies our then broken. It then becomes a free-for-all game mode.

Once there is four people on each team, the game will probably go by much quicker. Once a second team is eliminated, that team is then split up randomly with two people moving to each team left. Once there is 6 people on two teams, the game will become very interesting. If a team has one base while the other has 3, the team with one base can capture their old ally base to equal the play field. The other team still owns that base and can defend it for as long as they want. Once a team has no more bases or respawn settings, the game is over.

Any feedback of how this game can work better or any questions of how this might not work would be appreciated

KrYoS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

I greatly prefer the pace and gameplay of Dominion over classic. The combat and action is fast and intense, the games tend to be back and forth, with the outcome almost never truly decided until the game is over. You don't have to focus on last hitting creeps and instead focus on map awareness and strategy, as it pertains to Crystal Scar and, to be quite honest, I just find it a lot more fun and entertaining. Granted, some champs are much better on CS than SR, but the reverse is true as well. CS give some champs that don't normally see much action a chance to shine.

I think Dominion was exactly what League of Legends needed. I've met some friends who only play CS. My hats off, and my wallet has also been open, thanks to Dominion. I think Riot did a brilliant job with it.

MMKH

11-23-2011

I think they are just not prioritizing Dominion over competitive tournaments and such because I think most players still prefer SR over it. I for one however, play Dom exclusively now and think it's good to have different modes and such. However I would have preferred Magma Chamber.

WaterD103

11-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
well, we do have a whole site dedicated to dominion and the crystal scar:
[url2="http://dominion.leagueoflegends.com"]dominion.leagueoflegends.com[/url2]

and for the record, i love dominion. love it.
Well Clearly you do not represent the majority of Riot as they ignored us a lot. The mods even troll us moving dominion threads to dominion forums, but not SR to SR forums, but they even moved such complains to SR forums.

There is no move to help competitive dominion, what on season 2 helps dominion? ZZZzzzz..

Even the site you talk about, before the link was on first page...now its NOWHERE to be found. even when you go to game info, dominion or the crystal scare DO NOT EXIST.
Also the dominion site is pretty useless as it has no valuable information, not even a link to dominion forums. It may as well not exist, except for the more new players. But they will never find the site because who knows where the link is!

That seems hate or at least complete indifference.

Para

11-23-2011

I think what turned a lot people off from dominion was that a proper meta was not fully established on Dominion so a lot of people didn't know how to play it thus got frustrated over certain strategies.

Sabrestrike

11-23-2011

The most obvious case of Blessing abuse that I could find was something like Evelynn with boots of mobility, Blessing and fill the rest of the inventory with zeals which you'd upgrade to phantom dancers. Pretty much prevented the enemy from ever 3 capping because they would have to leave 1 person at each of their two other points and then attempt to 3v4 for the last point.

With ghost and/or eve ult even with stealth detection champs like Udyr, singed and rammus couldn't catch her. It was only averagely effective yet also extremely irritating to play against and like most uses of stealth was labeled as an "abuse" situation.

Jpeg

11-23-2011

why is the posted in the 'general discussion' forum? more to the point, why do threads in 'dominion' never get addressed or commented on by reds?

also, turn on ranked dominion. what is the worst that can happen. (on a side note, you should like the top 500 ELO like was done in Beta before ranked games)

Oberic

11-23-2011

Prospector's Shield, why doesn't it exist?

Jarbis

11-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
eh, i never felt that warmog's was that great anyway. i'd almost always rather have frozen mallet + atma's over warmog's + atma's for ad champs, and i'd almost always rather have rod of ages or rylai's for ap champs. i feel the scenarios in which all you want is health are few enough that warmog's shouldn't legitimately be missed on cs.
But what about Shen? He needs Warmogs to be a threat.

11-23-2011

Dominion sucks anyways so who cares?