Is Dominion ready for ranked?

Dominion should never have a ranked mode. 150 15.97%
I think it will be ready for ranked in the future. 331 35.25%
I think it is ready for ranked right now. 458 48.78%
Voters: 939. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Is Dominion ready for ranked?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

Senior Member

11-24-2011

Honestly, it isn't ready for ranked for balance reasons(having 4 universal permabans each and every game is indicative of that) but they really should push out ranked so they can start fixing this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basist

Senior Member

11-24-2011

^ And what.....SR doesn't have those 3+ month lulls where the same 4 champions were/are banned every single game in ranked?

People who think Jax is OP in Dominion are dumb, Poppy is strong but isn't OP, Akali is powerful but only because those idiots crying don't know what Oracle Extract/Lightbringer/Sweeper+focusing are.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrunkBoyJeff

Senior Member

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
Honestly, it isn't ready for ranked for balance reasons(having 4 universal permabans each and every game is indicative of that) but they really should push out ranked so they can start fixing this.
By this logic Ranked SR shouldn't exist.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

11-24-2011
1 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
I personally feel ranked would be fine right now. The meta, or whatever you want to call it, still needs some fine tuning but the basic idea for it is pretty solid.
speaking from my own experiences with dominion, i think there is still value in holding off from turning on ranked. in dominion's pre-season, it is a lot easier to make changes that could affect how the game is played.

also, even though there have been some great changes for dominion over the last few patches, i still feel that there are a few things left to shore up. they might be minor in the grand scheme of things, but i really feel that it's best for dominion and its players (myself included) if we give it a little more time.

there is a very obvious benefit in having a separate 'competitive' queue and displaying elo for that queue, and i don't think anyone is saying otherwise, but adding ranked dominion is a significant addition. we need to be sure that dominion is not just ready to start down that path, but able to continue making strides in that direction ad infinitum.

again, that's just my personal view as someone that takes dominion quite seriously (and has a lot of fun while doing so).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CWheezy

Senior Member

11-24-2011

Could you imagine if you did the same thing for street fighter?

You couldn't have any tournaments until the matchup chart was locked down tightly!

is ryu vs zangief 6-4, or is it 7-3? Well we have to determine that from thousands of casual matches, how can you do a tournament where someone might bring a new and exciting strategy, and throw all of our thoughts out of whack?

I am very glad the street fighter and marvel communities do not think like this, watching day 1 marvel tournaments where everyone brings out cool strategies, and guessing which ones will last and which ones will not, is pretty amazing. I wish riot was the same way, ranked would show any sort of problems immediately, waiting 12 months (again) for it is just utter nonsense


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diagas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
speaking from my own experiences with dominion, i think there is still value in holding off from turning on ranked. in dominion's pre-season, it is a lot easier to make changes that could affect how the game is played.

also, even though there have been some great changes for dominion over the last few patches, i still feel that there are a few things left to shore up. they might be minor in the grand scheme of things, but i really feel that it's best for dominion and its players (myself included) if we give it a little more time.

there is a very obvious benefit in having a separate 'competitive' queue and displaying elo for that queue, and i don't think anyone is saying otherwise, but adding ranked dominion is a significant addition. we need to be sure that dominion is not just ready to start down that path, but able to continue making strides in that direction ad infinitum.

again, that's just my personal view as someone that takes dominion quite seriously (and has a lot of fun while doing so).
I believe Riot should've been prepared to include Dominion with the current season. If there's support for Twisted Treeline ranked, where balance isn't all there, there should be the option of Dominion ranked. Motivating people with prestige through ranking will make them care more about balancing; that'll increase feedback, and I think would overall help Dominion more than anything.

Any issues that do exist in Dominion, veterans who play it a lot know all the kinks and imbalances. We can adapt until fixes are made, and as changes are hashed out. That's just my two cents.

Oh, and thanks for the post rickless, it's always nice to see a Red post here Esp a Dominion loving one


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
speaking from my own experiences with dominion, i think there is still value in holding off from turning on ranked. in dominion's pre-season, it is a lot easier to make changes that could affect how the game is played.

also, even though there have been some great changes for dominion over the last few patches, i still feel that there are a few things left to shore up. they might be minor in the grand scheme of things, but i really feel that it's best for dominion and its players (myself included) if we give it a little more time.

there is a very obvious benefit in having a separate 'competitive' queue and displaying elo for that queue, and i don't think anyone is saying otherwise, but adding ranked dominion is a significant addition. we need to be sure that dominion is not just ready to start down that path, but able to continue making strides in that direction ad infinitum.

again, that's just my personal view as someone that takes dominion quite seriously (and has a lot of fun while doing so).
Thanks for the post!

While I am fine with waiting, I do think ranked would reveal what truly needs to be tweaked...at least at the level the players see the game.

We will adapt. SR has undergone pretty big changes (and another huge one coming with the removal of dodge) since ranked has been implemented, and I think we would be able to handle any changes in ranked as well.

Thanks for expessing how much you like Dominion, too. I think it goes a long with the Dom Com especially with everyone starting to feel like it's falling to the wayside of season 2 and the SR tourneys.

I know we appreciate everything you do here!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

11-24-2011
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWheezy View Post
Could you imagine if you did the same thing for street fighter?

You couldn't have any tournaments until the matchup chart was locked down tightly!
i actually think that dominion's champion balance is at a pretty good place right now, especially with bans available in draft mode. my thoughts are elsewhere.

also, fighting game balance is a completely different beast.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narogsun

Senior Member

11-24-2011

i only know dat twisted treeline is way more unbalance than dominion and TT has ranked .


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

Senior Member

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
also, even though there have been some great changes for dominion over the last few patches, i still feel that there are a few things left to shore up. they might be minor in the grand scheme of things, but i really feel that it's best for dominion and its players (myself included) if we give it a little more time.
I'm curious as to what changes you think need to be made still, the only incoming one I know of is the Warmogs replacement... and that hardly sounds game changing.

(I've been pretty happy with the overall gameplay since the mogs/priscilla removal myself.)

Regardless, it's nice to see some red activity in this subforum, +1.