Is Dominion ready for ranked?

Dominion should never have a ranked mode. 149 16.14%
I think it will be ready for ranked in the future. 330 35.75%
I think it is ready for ranked right now. 444 48.10%
Voters: 923. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Is Dominion ready for ranked?

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

About the TT comment, a good way to kill dominion for good is to implement ranked but for PREMADES. Solo/duo is more important. But yeah the idea is to have both as in SR.

But gameplay wise dominion is super ready.

The balance comment is dumb for two reasons. Currently dominion is more balanced than the first year of ranked SR, by far. (that was broken ****). RANKED is what helps balance (SR is so much more balanced now BECAUSE Riot could pinpoint the problems by watching what happend in the games where people tryhard, and that happend in tournaments and ranked ladder)

But when you dont put ranked on dominion you help the pop mentality. "Dominion is a side game not meant to be taken seriously"

FullMetalAce0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
About the TT comment, a good way to kill dominion for good is to implement ranked but for PREMADES. Solo/duo is more important. But yeah the idea is to have both as in SR.

But gameplay wise dominion is super ready.

The balance comment is dumb for two reasons. Currently dominion is more balanced than the first year of ranked SR, by far. (that was broken ****). RANKED is what helps balance (SR is so much more balanced now BECAUSE Riot could pinpoint the problems by watching what happend in the games where people tryhard, and that happend in tournaments and ranked ladder)

But when you dont put ranked on dominion you help to pop mentality. "Dominion is a side game not meant to be taken seriously"
I like what I hear, I agree with basically all your points, +1

Cauldrath

11-23-2011

Personally, I don't think the number of competent players is high enough that ranked will carry real competitive meaning. While the mode seems generally balanced on the surface, there is such a huge player skill differential that it obscures any possible balance issues. Having skill be the primary factor in wins is a good thing, but it is so rare to see 5 players who know what they are doing against 5 others that it's a simple checklist of how often people make terrible decisions.

I think the best thing to do right now is open up ranked with a planned ELO reset in 3 months, or something like that. That way people will have a real indicator of who is actually good and, thus, should be emulated, rather than just relying on personal score and KDA, which give a very skewed view as to who is responsible for a win or loss when a game is extremely one-sided. Those are the games where there is obviously the most to learn, but tend to teach the wrong lessons.

Sizmic

11-23-2011

I've posted in several of the threads that have been popping up. Ranked mode is needed soon or dom could die.

Phourc

11-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
But when you dont put ranked on dominion you help the pop mentality. "Dominion is a side game not meant to be taken seriously"
So sick of hearing that from people ):

I don't know that ranked will automatically earn their respect but it certainly would be a step in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
Personally, I don't think the number of competent players is high enough that ranked will carry real competitive meaning.
But the number of competitive players is going to nose dive with all the sweet new bike ranked teams, circuit ****, etc. that they can't get in Dom.

Geekweezul

11-23-2011

My favorite part about someone using the stupid argument that Dominion is just a side game, is that they forget that DotA was just a side game of Warcraft 3.

How blind people get when faced with change. Even when it is change that doesn't affect them.

IS1429332aa9b633

11-23-2011

I think it's ready for ranked.
I hope it will create a new meta and maybe new streamers.

Geekweezul

11-23-2011

Bump-diggity

Prof Zam

11-24-2011

I would love to see dominion have ranked games, I personally find it a lot more fun and enjoy the pace its played at. Sure it does need some balancing but that will never happen until it gets the proper attention, something that will probably only come around once ranked games start happening.

Cherokeepimp

11-24-2011

They to dumb to put in ranked.

It's pretty obvious by the lack of posts by devs they don't care about dominion.

12345612 ... 14