Community Update Episode 12

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheJamesMan

06-30-2010

Wow awesome music.

Thuyquai

06-30-2010

How about "we blocked SEA since July/30" ?

Arctura42

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-30-2010

"Unfortunately for all of you, Riot is not in the business of making sweet, delicious pastries."

I have this to ask of you. How cool would it be to sit down for an hour or two every day and eat FREE PASTRIES? I am now hungry beyond words. LoL is an acceptable (if not somewhat lacking in the pastry department) substitute, however, so I will forgive you just this once.

I could see it now: your basic pastry would be free, and they'd cycle which ones you could eat for free every week - and after participating enough times, you could select one to be a favorite to be able to eat week after week. And if you invite a friend to eat with you and enrich the community, you'll be rewarded with more pastries! And every week or so a new type of pastry would come out! And "pastry spotlights" would introduce these new pastries and give people a look at just how tasty they are! And every now and then, some new ingredients would be added to old favorites, giving them more of a "balanced", yet still wonderfully delicious taste!

Think of the possibilities!

Aramillio

06-30-2010

pocket watches are the shiz

Mistress Cuddles

06-30-2010

Im honored to have my name up there, and i bet Safir is - thank you all for your support guys

*Not to be nit picky but you spelt "And" wrong and my name a second time wrong*

Caddy

06-30-2010

A bakers dozen is 13. Heh..

TehKage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2010

Wow! I'm so excited that my acapella group made the Community Update. Thanks for the support all. We truly appreciate it and you're all amazing.

Safir

06-30-2010

HOLY **** GUYS I'M FAMOUS

BRB BLOWING ALL MY SAVINGS ON A SEXY CONVERTIBLE.

I LOVE MY LIFE

I LOVE YOU

I LOVE THE WHOLE WORLD

this line is lowercase so the rest of this post can be CRUISED CONTROLLED MUFUGGAS YAYUH

edit: IN OTHER NEWS THAT A CAPELLA VIDEO MADE MY DAY, HOW COME IVE NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE

THE CLEAR ANSWER IS THAT IM A NOOB AND NEED TO L2LURK

demonaizhe

06-30-2010

[QUOTE=ByronicHero;1779781]Welcome to episode 12 of the Community Update. That's right, this one makes a dozen. If this were a bakery, we'd throw in an extra and just call this one 13. Unfortunately for all of you, Riot is not in the business of making sweet, delicious pastries. Instead we make a video game called League of Legends, so I guess you'll just have to settle for that.

What’s New?

I'm in the market for a new pocket watch… but that's not what this is really about. What is relevant, however, is this:

• The Logo Lookout Contest! - So this new contest has already spawned some epic ideas. From skydiving adrenaline junkies, to tattoo enthusiasts, to people who want to make their own gigantic banners, this is sure to yield some positively epic results. If you're the competitive type, be sure to make an appearance.
  • Kog’Maw Champion Spotlight - We put together this bit to boost the sales of medical anti-emetics, as well as inform the public about the perils of allowing stray void creatures into their homes. Also because Kog'Maw is awesome.
  • Heimerdinger Spotlight - If you've been wondering what it is about that wrench toting, fro-picking, eccentric inventing yordle that gets your blood pumping, Phreak is here again to help you get your jollies.

Community Spotlight

There's so much going on these days that I really don't know where to begin. Aside from the fact that Teen Annie is still gaining momentum, there are a few candidates to kick things off in the spotlight this week. For starters, the 'if they were an ice cream cone' threads have made a return, this time featuring Kayle. Apparently LoL players have really vivid imaginations. Either that or Kayle just comes off as a big tease wearing all that form fitting body armor. Also, we've managed to get some members of the community to win a game, then surrender just to prove that they're nihilists. Here's some video evidence.

I'm going to add a separate paragraph for this one just because it really is that awesome. We've had some epic audio tributes over the years… er… months, but this is, to my knowledge the first to attempt to do so using only voice. If you're a LoL player as well as a fan of a cappella you probably shouldn't miss Panic at the Nexus!

Also, I think that there is a certain lady in our community that merits a bit of official recognition. Community member Safir has been diligently fulfilling the hopes and dreams of Runeterrans near and far by taking requests for drawings. She's recently been joined by community member Idge, and the duo have cranked out dozens of drawings, each lovingly targeted towards a specific summoners dark fantasies. Thanks, Safir amd Idege! You've truly outdone yourselves!

Happy hunting, and I hope to see you all out there on the Field of Justice!

-ByronicHero[/ why are server is blocked plz expalain that issue.

Tidus295

06-30-2010

Gotta love Panic at the Nexus!