Community Update Episode 12

First Riot Post
12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ByronicHero

Web Content Editor

Follow ByronicHero on Twitter

06-30-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Welcome to episode 12 of the Community Update. That's right, this one makes a dozen. If this were a bakery, we'd throw in an extra and just call this one 13. Unfortunately for all of you, Riot is not in the business of making sweet, delicious pastries. Instead we make a video game called League of Legends, so I guess you'll just have to settle for that.

What’s New?

I'm in the market for a new pocket watch… but that's not what this is really about. What is relevant, however, is this:

• The Logo Lookout Contest! - So this new contest has already spawned some epic ideas. From skydiving adrenaline junkies, to tattoo enthusiasts, to people who want to make their own gigantic banners, this is sure to yield some positively epic results. If you're the competitive type, be sure to make an appearance.
  • Kog’Maw Champion Spotlight - We put together this bit to boost the sales of medical anti-emetics, as well as inform the public about the perils of allowing stray void creatures into their homes. Also because Kog'Maw is awesome.
  • Heimerdinger Spotlight - If you've been wondering what it is about that wrench toting, fro-picking, eccentric inventing yordle that gets your blood pumping, Phreak is here again to help you get your jollies.

Community Spotlight

There's so much going on these days that I really don't know where to begin. Aside from the fact that Teen Annie is still gaining momentum, there are a few candidates to kick things off in the spotlight this week. For starters, the 'if they were an ice cream cone' threads have made a return, this time featuring Kayle. Apparently LoL players have really vivid imaginations. Either that or Kayle just comes off as a big tease wearing all that form fitting body armor. Also, we've managed to get some members of the community to win a game, then surrender just to prove that they're nihilists. Here's some video evidence.

I'm going to add a separate paragraph for this one just because it really is that awesome. We've had some epic audio tributes over the years… er… months, but this is, to my knowledge the first to attempt to do so using only voice. If you're a LoL player as well as a fan of a cappella you probably shouldn't miss Panic at the Nexus!

Also, I think that there is a certain lady in our community that merits a bit of official recognition. Community member Safir has been diligently fulfilling the hopes and dreams of Runeterrans near and far by taking requests for drawings. She's recently been joined by community member Idge, and the duo have cranked out dozens of drawings, each lovingly targeted towards a specific summoners dark fantasies. Thanks, Safir amd Idege! You've truly outdone yourselves!

Happy hunting, and I hope to see you all out there on the Field of Justice!

-ByronicHero

Billy36

06-30-2010

woohoo

XplicitXpert

06-30-2010

I cant wait till this update includes "SEASON ONE HAS OFFICIALLY BEGAN!!"

itaiaosi

06-30-2010

Aww I wanted my thread to be here ><

Grake

06-30-2010

First time of hearing teen annie.
inb4 pedophiles.

Also, Panic at the nexus needed some serious softening on those higher notes, i think i went deaf about three times during the first half i watched.

Brb to buy Q-tips. I need to try manually get my hearing back.

ZSabre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

06-30-2010

Cool.

AstorSapolsky

06-30-2010

I'm honestly not a fan of the Teen Annie deal... female champions are already sexualized enough that we don't need Annie to join them. Not being a white knight... if anything, having no female champions, I'm just as sexist. But still...
If we really need some sexualized heroes, Lady Gragas is desperately in need of creation.

However I must say those comics are hilarious. Thank you for bringing them to my attention!

Poruku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2010

Oh neat.

MrTheBest

06-30-2010

no mention of the ninja patch everbody hates...

snore

06-30-2010

YES! You put Panic At the Nexus up!!!! WOOO

12345 ... 7