OP Dominion champs that are never banned?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XaoGarrent

11-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shank View Post
I rage at my captain when I see them ban jax and akali, such wasted bans. I like banning yorick alistar shaco.
As much as I agree with your bans whole heartedly, the reason alot of us are still banning Jax and Akali is because no one picks Yorick and Alistar. Not to mention, the more common bans tend to be demoralizing, I can faceroll a Jax as Ryze or Kass any day, but when people see him pop up on the enemy team in champ select they tend to go "GG" and accept the loss before we've even started.

MVpmack

11-22-2011

Kog is incredibly good in Dom. He pressures a point like nobody's business and if he's with his team, it makes it very hard to defend. He's probably one of the strongest point assaulters in the game and is totally worth a ban.

I also agree that Jax is a bit overrated now. I never ban him, but the fear of Jax is understandable. His burst is incredibly high and he's hard to kill.

Kassadin is just a problem. I ban him pretty much every game; he hard counters most of the good bottom lane picks (other than Urgot, Sivir, Graves and Yorick) and makes most bottom laners afraid of pushing even if they're not AP. If Kassadin is somewhere in the jungle, you just can't really do much and it's kind of frustrating to deal with.

As an Akali player I think she's pretty banworthy. She's more team-reliant than most Akalis play her, but her burst is huge and she contributes a ton to any teamfight. The Akalis who shadow dance to the carry through the entire team only to die don't change the fact that a well-played Akali makes a lot of situations unsafe. With a good team, she contributes a ton.

Karthus is a problem too, in theory. Fortunately I've never had to deal with a good Karthus player (I'm in ELO hell but it has its advantages) but he pushes points hard and can do some really ridiculous stuff. His global presence is really just the icing on a really dangerous cake.

In more or less alphabetical order, I think the problem champs are:

Akali, Cassiopeia, Ezreal, Graves, Irelia, Jax, Kassadin, Karthus, Kogmaw, Poppy, Rammus, Ryze, Shaco, Twitch, Urgot, Vayne, Xerath, Yorick.

There are a few others I'd consider serious problems such as Soraka, Riven, Blitz, Leblanc and some others that aren't quite as nasty, but still very frustrating and dangerous.

Really I'd consider Soraka in the problem list but most of the time, Soraka on the enemy team is a free kill. Support Soraka doesn't work at all in Dom and AP Soraka in top is not as dangerous as someone like Kassadin. There are also some other really unexplored Dom champs like Nidalee; I personally think she's almost banworthy but nobody really realizes how annoying she is to play against.

Stimuz

11-23-2011

Blitz would be a good ban if he was a more common pick. He's overpowered as hell in dom but still not common enough to be banning.

MVpmack

11-23-2011

I think Blitz is too reliant on a slow, narrow-moving skillshot that is blocked by minions to be a really top tier ban. He has some shenanigans but they're negated by good map control. Admittedly, Blitz is pretty good at controlling the map himself. I think he's problematic but I don't think he's as bad as some of the others.

Dafe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

high elo and tournament ban

yorick
urgot
kass
kog maw
ryze

and a mix of those
poppy
rammus
jax
shaco

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

Common bans in no particular order:

Akali
Jax
Urgot
Kassadin
Rammus
Shaco
Ryze
Yorick
Poppy
Kog

Wasted bans:

Akali, Kog maw and jax: Jax ok, he is pretty strong, I prefer to ban other stuff, but its not terrible, but akali is a bad joke. Its not even on the top 20 most dangerous champs in dominion. Kog is ok, I dont mind the ban, but I think overall is a waste.

Good bans that I rarely or ever see:
Vayne: She is nuts, but I rarely ban her because most people dont pick her or they suck with it.

Champs that can be better than what the community perceives and some day may be banworthy:
Blitz, Eve, Wukong, Karthus.

Raxiroth

11-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVpmack View Post
In more or less alphabetical order, I think the problem champs are:

Akali, Cassiopeia, Ezreal, Graves, Irelia, Jax, Kassadin, Karthus, Kogmaw, Poppy, Rammus, Ryze, Shaco, Twitch, Urgot, Vayne, Xerath, Yorick.

There are a few others I'd consider serious problems such as Soraka, Riven, Blitz, Leblanc and some others that aren't quite as nasty, but still very frustrating and dangerous.
You just listed 22 champions as OP...that's about 25% of the league. This means that even with bans, both teams should be filled with a decent mix of 'strong' picks, who cancel each other out. I think the problem is people picking champions who are terrible on the SC; rather then 22 champs being 'to powerful'.

MVpmack

11-23-2011

I think that, particularly in light of Vayne free week, that banning her is just the smart choice unless someone in your team wants her. Other weeks, I dunno if she's quite banworthy but because she's extremely likely to pop up on the enemy team, it's worth it right now.

I would say the same of Soraka but again, nobody freaking plays her right. I totally think she's banworthy even outside of a free week now. After playing a few games as her and doing silly things like 1v1ing everyone on the enemy team (including Akali, Vayne, and Kog) and winning, I have to say that she's totally worth banning if your bottom lane player has Soraka as a counterpick.

Also, I totally think that Dom is pretty balanced and that people just like to complain. There are probably 35-40 totally viable, high end champ picks and the main reason to ban is really to deal with counterpicks to your team.

Madra

11-24-2011

I'd rather ban Talon than Akali. Starting the game with 46/21% Armor Penetration is just absurd. Basically any champion that has AD powers... Pantheon, Talon, Wukong, Riven... they are the ones that end up deciding the fights... especially the early ones.

Madra

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVpmack View Post
I think Blitz is too reliant on a slow, narrow-moving skillshot that is blocked by minions to be a really top tier ban. He has some shenanigans but they're negated by good map control. Admittedly, Blitz is pretty good at controlling the map himself. I think he's problematic but I don't think he's as bad as some of the others.
The map is too small and the paths too narrow. Blitzcrank is a way strong pick in Dominion. It only takes a few seconds of CC to win a fight on this map, and Blitzcrank is one big moving ball of CC.

123456 ... 7