Vayne Masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2011

Hi there summoners.

I've been trying Vayne since she's free, since I've been wanting to purchase her for a while. My question is, what masteries should I be going for?

Currently I'm going 21/0/9, taking all the "obvious" things like armor penetration, critical strike, life steal and such in offense. Then for utility I've taken movement speed. the flash upgrade, death countdown timer reduction and buff duration booster. Are these masteries the ideal, or am I building her horribly wrong?

All help is appreciated, thanks. (:

Nexus Crawler

11-22-2011

That's pretty much standard on a ranged carry. Though I like the Mana/Level as it helps you stay in lane. But I digress. If you're having problems then it's most likely one of two things. A) you're out of position. B) your item build/priotization.

MaliciousNOIR

11-22-2011

21/9/0
for increased early game tankyness

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Crawler View Post
That's pretty much standard on a ranged carry. Though I like the Mana/Level as it helps you stay in lane. But I digress. If you're having problems then it's most likely one of two things. A) you're out of position. B) your item build/priotization.
So far I've been doing well, so thats awesome. I focus on last hitting rather than trying to poke, so I conserve mana most of the time.

I might switch my flat armor seals for mana regen/level seals later, but I'm not sure.

IEatDumplings

11-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solatoral View Post
So far I've been doing well, so thats awesome. I focus on last hitting rather than trying to poke, so I conserve mana most of the time.

I might switch my flat armor seals for mana regen/level seals later, but I'm not sure.
Vayne is all bout the right position. If your in the right position you can both harrass and last hit. Sometimes I go 23|0|7. It isn't what the meta usually does but 23 points on the offencive mastery tree means you have a an edge early game against your lane opponents who went 21|0|9

Nexus Crawler

11-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solatoral View Post

I'd probably keep the Armor since it helps against minion damage, and against your opposing AD thus giving some extra "sustain" from LS.