How to counter Tryn.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foly456

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2011

There has been a large mass of "TRYNZ OP N3RF NAOW!" threads lately. I figure that I, being an avid Tryn player, can provide everyone with some simple steps to counter him.

1. Ignite: while having been nerfed, it is still able to counter tryn.

2. Exhaust: Always has been a great way to stop his massive damage, and still is.

]3. CC: Silence and stun. Those make him unable to ult, and ultimately kill him. (I might be missing some CC that can counter him, let me know if I did please)-Just found out this is wrong. I thought, from recent experience, that they changed the ability. My apologies

4. Thornmail: This is a good pre-fed Tryn counter. But after Tryn has gotten a bloodthirster or two, it really only just slows down the rate that he will heal off of you.

5. Focus him. An early silence and complete focus on Tryn will completely take him out of the equation, and ultimately make it a 5v4 situation (or 3v2 if you're on TT).

6. When you're running, don't take the time to turn around and slow him. That will basically get you killed. He will slow you, then spin towards you, and most likely exhaust you if he has it. Then BOOM, you're dead.

Forgot to add this in, wait to blow your CC's on tryn until he pops his ults. Otherwise they are wasted.

I'm sure there are more ways to counter him that I have not listed here, and if you know of some please feel free to list them.
The reason I am posting this is because I don't think it's fair for a few people, who just got pub-stomped, to get an champion who doesn't need the extent of nerfs that they are asking for to happen.

Do a little research on the champion before saying he is super-crazily unbalanced.

Moms Spaghetti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2011

malzahar and cho are good to beat him btdubs

Whatchu Gon Do

11-22-2011

Not feeding Tryndamere counters Tryndamere

And attack speed reduc. (Malphite's especially) counters him hard.

The weird hero

11-22-2011

(I think) everyone who says tryn is OP is because they don't wanna have to play a that can and always have ignite and exhaust. I for many months kept exhaust and ignite due to tryn's raw power and only played champs good at countering him but it was F***ing ridiculous. The fact is he is at the moment to strong and i am tired of hearing "tryn is a pubstomper he isn't OP he is UP". I think at least half the people who play this game would agree to nerf tryn. He has to good of synergy causing him to just rape if you are not ridiculously fed. No matter what if you are tryn you will get kills. You can downvote this and what not and that is fine but in the back of that skull you know i am right.

Weltall8000

11-22-2011

More or less agree with OP's intent...however #3 is incorrect:

Quote:
Undying Rage

(Active): Tryndamere instantly receives fury and becomes immune to death for 5 seconds during which his health cannot go below 1 health. This move is usable even when stunned, silenced or suppressed.
As well as #4. Thornmail figures its reflected damage based upon what the true attack would deal. So, it is based upon what the damage would do, had the target not had any mitigation via armor (though reflected damage is magical and checked against Tryn's Magic Resist). Whereas, Lifesteal is based upon the damage actually dealt, after being mitigated by armor.

So, he's going to need ALOT of Lifesteal (as in, 4+ fully stacked Bloodthirsters), Magic Resist, and/or the target is going to have to have like nothing for armor (assuming the only armor they had at all was the 100 from Thornmail, or having that reduced heavily from Armor Penetration or other armor reducing effects), if he's going to be netting a heal off of a target with a Thornmail.

#6, depending on the Tryn, turning at the right time can prevent him from slowing you with his mocking shout. As well as slowing him with your own move can be beneficial in escaping. It is situational, but turning to CC him is not, as a rule, a bad idea.

A2ZOMG

11-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foly456 View Post
6. When you're running, don't take the time to turn around and slow him. That will basically get you killed. He will slow you, then spin towards you, and most likely exhaust you if he has it. Then BOOM, you're dead.
This isn't how it works. Usually tryn has to SPIN FIRST, then slow. Turning around to slow him in this situation which is far more common than the one you suggested is totally viable. It's highly unlikely that a team with good positioning will usually get slowed before Tryn spins.

I do this all the time with say, Sona's Power Chord E. Saves my life and other lives so many times.

Foly456

11-22-2011

Quote:
So, he's going to need ALOT of Lifesteal (as in, 4+ fully stacked Bloodthirsters),
I am able to do fine against thornmails with 1 bloodthirster. 2 makes him not even notice it. Unless I am going against a tank, then i will usually not even notice it.

Quote:
#6, depending on the Tryn, turning at the right time can prevent him from slowing you with his mocking shout. As well as slowing him with your own move can be beneficial in escaping. It is situational, but turning to CC him is not, as a rule, a bad idea.
Very true, it is situational. I just suggest that unless you are confident if you tryn-slow-dodging abilities that you don't try it unless your slow is worth is.

Omendaos

11-22-2011

Also buy a Frozen Heart for its Attack Speed Debuff

Narokkruor

11-22-2011

i like how no one complained before trynd got nerfed.. and now that he does like 30% less dmg he's suddenly op

Chaede

11-22-2011

OP lists counters that work against all AD champs, nothing to see here, Tryn is still unfun to fight against and is a skilless AA champ.

Ignite is good on all champs that rely on heals and regens.
CC works against all champions.
Thornmail is good against all AD AA carries. 1 bloodthirster is usually enough to offset the majoity of it. It doesn't help as much as people claim, also damage returned by thormail is reduced by MR.

5 seconds of Godmode is ridiculous and only Tryn apologists support it. Cleanse buff and exhaust nerf helped Tryn a lot (why do people keep forgetting exhaust was nerfed). No CC in the game lasts 5 seconds so chain cc is necessary meaning Tryn needs multiple champs or a high level of coordination (this was enough of a problem to get Morde nerfed).

Tryn benefits too much from Phantom and IE. With a bit of lifesteal he is easy mode unless player is brainless.

Why do people keep making pointless threads including tactics that counter every champion rather than dealing with the fact that 5 seconds of godmode, a ridiculously powerful passive when combined with 2 items, a snare, a gap closer/wall leaper and a self heal are OP. Tryn is not fun to play against knowing for many champs without help you have no chance to even run. its not like Tryn players needs skill to beat you or have to time abilities carefully, its all AA damage and they have a lot of ways to stay in hand to hand or avoid being kited.