Jax vs Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoldenSword16

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2011

Regarding this match-up i have heard mixed opinions:some say that Jax should win the other part Nasus.Well my question regarding this match would be what should Nasus do to be able to do well against Jax.
Should you go your standard build:cloth-philosopher's stone-boots than defensive items for the enemy team or should i change it up a bit
Should you max Q or E against him.
And finally is magic resist or armor more valuable against him?
Thank you in advance.

Primogenitor

11-22-2011

MR more valuable in lane against jax, methinks.

Umm... to be honest it feels like it would be a freefarm lane unless both players are overly agressive. Try not to be the one to push the lane, b/c both characters are reasonably gankable.

If you are nasus, try not to do too much fighting. If jax leaps on you, smack him and wither and let the minion aggro mess him up a bit.

I personally feel the lane favors nasus... but only slightly.

King Lenny

11-22-2011

Always max Q first regardless of matchup imo, and max wither second.
I would start with cloth + 5 pots
And Mr would be more valuable since majority of his dmg you will take is Q + E harass.

Pretty sure Jax has the advantage in the matchup, especially once you get gunblade. Nasus simply does not have the dps to outdps the sustain from gunblade while Jax. Altho, Nasus can survive quite well if he withers everytime Jax attempts to engage.

Palanawt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2011

Nasus takes it because of wither and better late game scaling with a farmed Q

Kupo Kuddles

11-22-2011

I'll try to help you here, but keep in mind I've limited experience doing Nasus vs. Jax (I rarely see Jax anymore).

Getting Ninja Tabi can help you against Jax, since it allows for you to completely mitigate his attacks. Alternatively, you could go with the usual Merc's, and reduce his stun. Either one can work. Keep in mind though that if you want to get tenacity along with Tabi, you can turn the Philo in an Elesia's, instead of just selling it or getting Shurelia's.

I'd say max your Q, maxing E would end up pushing your lane more than you'd want. It's still helpful though, that armor reduction goes a long way.

Both MR and armor help against him, because he does a lot of magic and physical damage. It's really hard for me to say which is more valuable though, since I don't really play Jax.

As for what Nasus does well against Jax, well...

Wither can absolutely destroy Jax. A lot of his power comes from getting stacks on his ult, but he has to constantly attack to maintain them, or else they're gone. Wither slows both MS and AS down by a huge amount, so you can completely negate them. It'll also most likely be up for its full duration, as he's unlikely to get Merc's, since he needs that dodge from Tabi badly.

Nasus isn't much of an autoattack champion. For the most part, his killing power comes from his Q. Jax can still dodge it, but he's less likely to get a thousand dodges (and thus be able to stun you a thousand times) if you just go in to Q him, and refrain from just standing there and AA'ing him.

Furthermore, Jax gets a lot of health from his passive, so your ult will deal more damage, since its damage is a percentage of their health.

This is just what i can think of off the top of my head. Hope it helps.

Lulu Loves Me

11-22-2011

Before level 11, Nasus is gonna have a tough time. Afterwards, if Nasus managed to keep up his CS, he will dominate Jax.

Keen

11-22-2011

Nasus will win the lane unless the Jax either dominates him early levels Pre-6 or Jax get's a lot of ganks
(Assuming both have the same skill level)

Genomax

11-22-2011

I've gone solo lane against many Jax before, and can definitely sustain myself hard enough for Q to begin punishing them. But once they pick up an item or two, you can't beat one in a sustained fight.

Mystgan

11-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinsen View Post
Nasus isn't much of an autoattack champion. For the most part, his killing power comes from his Q. Jax can still dodge it,
Naus his Q can't be dodged.