A thought for a new monster on summoners rift!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

texasone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
you asked for comments so here it is. this has to be one of the weiredest stretches of an idea i have ever heard. good concept on adding a monster, but the stats you gave for this monster makes him impossible to kill by any lvl6 champ as you suggested. the fact that this monster can roam THE MOST IMPORTANT ROUTE TO GANKS is crazy. I understand you think that running int brush helps counteract it, but thats not viable.

1. if this monster respawns in the middle of a team fight which team or champ does it attack first. Or even better why does it attack without reason.

2. does this monster provide any special buff or immense gold for the inconvenience of it being in the most common route around the map.

I would personally like to see another monster but one that isn't able to change the course of a game. maybe add a monster or allow all jungle monsters to give you buffs like increased vision or stealth detection or attack speed.
The team member that has the longest in river time! Come on how hard can that be to understand! Its a river monster that is sort of like an unseen troll! Hint gotta pay the toll to the troll!

ImpressionX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-15-2012

Wouldn't work. that be a huge nerf to junglers.

texasone1

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpressionX View Post
Wouldn't work. that be a huge nerf to junglers.
won't be a nerf it'll be a bit of a buff!

Gimmble

Recruiter

01-24-2012

Stupid. I'd prefer a map rework with new spawns and controlled monster camps them a roaming as$monkey of death

Garen Mechanics

01-24-2012

sounds like the monster from amnesia: the dark descent.
It would be awesome but unbalanceable

SleepyDeath

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasone1 View Post
Well lets say 1/4 baron then! The power ratio is always up for debate! Besides the fact that it has a spawn cycle much like baron but 1/4 of its power makes getting baron more of a team effort! Plus it would not show up and attack unless you are IN THE RIVER FOR A CERTAIN PERIOD OF TIME! The time it takes for a low level movement speed would take for instance! 4 to 6 complete seconds! Along with the fact that it will show itself giving you time to get out of the river before it attacks! Say you are being chased you could be in the river long enough for river monster to show then when you leave the river it'll be attacking your enemy instead of YOU! GEEZ people is it so hard for you to grasp this concept? Also each concurrent bush patch will restart your time in the river! Can't be that hard to veil yourself and use the full aspects of the game!
I love the idea of a wandering monster but the river is the worst place for it. If you pull dragon and a team fight breaks out all of a sudden there are two neutral monsters bashing you in the face and the enemy team to boot. also, if you are going to baron and you are sitting in the river waiting for you team then all of a sudden a nasty river monster is eating your back while baron is munching your face

Slappy The Goose

01-24-2012

Will it be like Fizz ult? Pops out and scares the **** out of you.

jendude

01-24-2012

my thought would be that it wouldnt be aggresive =.=

whiglhuf

02-04-2012

No guys if you want to baron or dragon it would force you to hunt down said monster first and then kill baron or dragon on the respawn or have a team mate solo it else where. It would provide a bit of communication rather than just a ping in the general direction, you actually have to stratergize to get dragon or baron killing this monster also had cons because in its respawn timer the enemy can take dragon or baron with relative ease but the rewards for killing it could be something like river is fully visible for 2 or so minutes or river is toxic to all enemy champions and they take 0.5% damage per second making location for team fights more strategic.

whiglhuf

02-04-2012

Guys this would be a more strategic monster. It could require more communication differentiating good teams from great teams. In order to get dragon or baron you would have to eliminate this monster and kill dragon or baron on the respawn timer.This would help prevent the level 4 solo junglers taking dragon giving an advantage to whoever can communicate better.

This monster could give buffs focused on a location and utility buff. Ideas that come to mind can be full vision of river for a set ammount of time, another idea that comes to mind is increased gold gain and experience gain, my final idea is a toxic water that damages enemy champions in the river dealing 0.5% damage per second.

I feel that this will be a monster that is sought out every time its up. especially early game where gold and expierience are hard to come by so as long as a team has good communication this monster should add teamwork to the game because right now people just ping a cave and say "dragon" or "baron", to desperate teams it may involve their amumu tank to tank baron and their warwick jungler to attack the river monster. This can reward well communicated teams with gold, expierience, half of the map dominance and likely a large sum of gold from dragon and maybe a baron buff.