A thought for a new monster on summoners rift!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kingirth

12-27-2011

stupid ****en idea

Kame Senpai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2011

So basically, your game can be thrown by a random roaming AI

Homegrown420

12-29-2011

yah i dont see any reason this would be a good thing
your teamfight ends up in the river
roar random monster spawns and randomly attacks someone, yay we won the roll / teamfight!

it would lessen ganks and assists from lane to lane

and what would it help?
adding another mob that randomly attacks people in the river doesnt bring any new gameplay to the game other than slowing it down and adding a throw of the dice to some fights
do not want
and seriously buddy, half of the 7 pages of this thread are you bumping it yourself, we get it, you love this idea, but you have to be willing to let go

texasone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homegrown420 View Post
yah i dont see any reason this would be a good thing
your teamfight ends up in the river
roar random monster spawns and randomly attacks someone, yay we won the roll / teamfight!

it would lessen ganks and assists from lane to lane

and what would it help?
adding another mob that randomly attacks people in the river doesnt bring any new gameplay to the game other than slowing it down and adding a throw of the dice to some fights
do not want
and seriously buddy, half of the 7 pages of this thread are you bumping it yourself, we get it, you love this idea, but you have to be willing to let go
only responding to give this guy a 1 finger salute!

jonnychaos13

01-09-2012

i think that would be a good idea more then once i was left alone and was chased into the river. having baby baron show up to kill the ones chasing me would be nice. and so set my self aside from the rest here i have read and understood the topic at hand. make some stats for this baby baron and i think this could be something but make it like a regular monster only stronger slightly and make more then one pop up.

texasone1

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnychaos13 View Post
i think that would be a good idea more then once i was left alone and was chased into the river. having baby baron show up to kill the ones chasing me would be nice. and so set my self aside from the rest here i have read and understood the topic at hand. make some stats for this baby baron and i think this could be something but make it like a regular monster only stronger slightly and make more then one pop up.
The stats would have to weighed by the makers of the game in order for it to be fairly done! Not saying that if I knew all monsters stats I wouldn't be able to come up with working variables it is just that they have a full team of people which could come up with better stats than I could! But I was just throwing this idea around and seeing if any of the riot crew members would be interested in taking it up for what it is at this moment!

Possible stats would be: 3500 health
200 hit power
.4 or so attack speed (meaning close to 1 attack every 1.5 to 1.2 seconds)
50 armor (so it would not be a piece of cake to kill)
10 magic back lash per hit it takes!
5 to 20 magic resist (so the monster would not be strictly a magic taken down monster!)

Possibly a growth per death ratio incorporated in the stats of maybe 7% and these stats reduced by 20% to accommodate lower level champions to be able to take it down! Along with the gold per kill being increased per death to facilitate how much tougher it was to kill! The only stat I would not consider changing much would be the attack speed of this monster then maybe increase it by 2 to 5% per its death! MONSTER does not mean imposing and impossible to kill in all the monster movies I have watched! At least that is my take on that subject!

Anyway write comments and up vote or down vote this accordingly!

DX Dougl3r

Recruiter

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3vens doG View Post
not cool, so ur hiding from a gank in bush and do B, but op monster shows up, and gives the kill 2 ur enemy, plus ur in the middle of a team fight and half a baron comes and wrecks ur ass off, no not rly, thnk u.
In bushes it doesnt attack u read his post lol
And mabe a friendly ammendmant would be if any champion is in combat in one half of river the spawn timer is kept off (Keeps 1.5 baron from happening or ruined team fights) but only one half river so you cant run up to top river if youre low from a dragon fight

PrinceofZhang

01-15-2012

I don't know if this was mentioned or not, but if the players would to actually kill the monster, would it give any significant advantage? Would it give gold like the dragon, a whole team buff, a single player buff, etc.?

texasone1

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofZhang View Post
I don't know if this was mentioned or not, but if the players would to actually kill the monster, would it give any significant advantage? Would it give gold like the dragon, a whole team buff, a single player buff, etc.?
Maybe a 10 or 15% attack speed buff to the whole team and/or 10% movement speed! Or even an newer idea like warding every bush on the map for 3 minutes! I think that would be an awesome advantage or at least warding all the river bushes!

Sam Is Whoa

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasone1 View Post
The stats would have to weighed by the makers of the game in order for it to be fairly done! Not saying that if I knew all monsters stats I wouldn't be able to come up with working variables it is just that they have a full team of people which could come up with better stats than I could! But I was just throwing this idea around and seeing if any of the riot crew members would be interested in taking it up for what it is at this moment!

Possible stats would be: 3500 health
200 hit power
.4 or so attack speed (meaning close to 1 attack every 1.5 to 1.2 seconds)
50 armor (so it would not be a piece of cake to kill)
10 magic back lash per hit it takes!
5 to 20 magic resist (so the monster would not be strictly a magic taken down monster!)

Possibly a growth per death ratio incorporated in the stats of maybe 7% and these stats reduced by 20% to accommodate lower level champions to be able to take it down! Along with the gold per kill being increased per death to facilitate how much tougher it was to kill! The only stat I would not consider changing much would be the attack speed of this monster then maybe increase it by 2 to 5% per its death! MONSTER does not mean imposing and impossible to kill in all the monster movies I have watched! At least that is my take on that subject!

Anyway write comments and up vote or down vote this accordingly!
you asked for comments so here it is. this has to be one of the weiredest stretches of an idea i have ever heard. good concept on adding a monster, but the stats you gave for this monster makes him impossible to kill by any lvl6 champ as you suggested. the fact that this monster can roam THE MOST IMPORTANT ROUTE TO GANKS is crazy. I understand you think that running int brush helps counteract it, but thats not viable.

1. if this monster respawns in the middle of a team fight which team or champ does it attack first. Or even better why does it attack without reason.

2. does this monster provide any special buff or immense gold for the inconvenience of it being in the most common route around the map.

I would personally like to see another monster but one that isn't able to change the course of a game. maybe add a monster or allow all jungle monsters to give you buffs like increased vision or stealth detection or attack speed.