Mundo 3v3, any advice?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Probingducky

04-21-2010

I am used to playing Mundo in 5v5, not 3v3

Any advice on items i should get or build order in skills?

I usually get warmongers/boots first, upgrade boots to merc, find out if i need MR or armor then either get a FoN or thornmail or sunfirecloak then atma's.

seems to work in 5v5 but that is very expensive to do in 3v3, any advice?

cycoconutz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2010

get spirit visage first, this will make your ult stupid
i wouldnt do warmogs on TT

DTrick

04-21-2010

should be a win button on the loading screen if you are teamed with shen jax mord or singed. press it.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2010

i get

dorans shield > defensive boots of choice > spirit visage > aegis > phantom dancer(last whisper if they are stacking armor)

look on my profile if you want to see how well i do with it

Dead Myth

04-21-2010

for TT I do
rejuv bead + ward + 2 hp pots
OR
rejuv bead + 6 hp pots if someone else is grabbing a ward for mid

> merc treads > spirit visage > force of nature > last whisper

Kesshisan

Recruiter

04-22-2010

This is my TT Mundo:

Warmogs
Spirit Visage
Boots (Usually Zerker, but whatever fits)
GA or Banshee's

Game's usually over, or well defined, by then.

I hate Warmogs on SR, but for some reason Warmogs seems to fit Mundo so much better on TT the way I play him.

Level of skills:

1: Cleaver
2: Masochism
3: Burning Agony

After that, this priority:

Ult
Cleaver
Masochism
Burning Agony

Basically I make Mundo into a tank killer. Of course he can kill other things, too, but he is an incredible tank killer with his Cleaver doing damage based on max health. For masteries I run 21/0/9, with my 9th utility in Greed, and for summoner spells I take something + Ghost.

For runes I have all CDR/level blue, all attack speed Red, misc yellows (never did get full T3 runes for Mundo) with 2 flat CDR quints and 1 exp quint. This is really a mishmash of runes from other champions I use, but it seems to work. I would recommend Flat HP quints and probably Armor Pene reds with dodge and MR yellows. (Wait, is MR primary for yellow?)

To pull this off you have to farm like crazy early on, which is pretty easy with Mundo's ability to last hit from safety via his cleaver. Just always be aware of what's going on in the other lane. If the enemy is MIA and you're past the halfway mark, turn on your W and head back to your own tower. The last thing you need to do is die. Once you get your Warmogs and your Spirit Visage, you become very difficult to kill, even if they have a Pirate, Tristana, Ignites, and/or Executioner's Calling. Make people fear your cleavers, and have fun going where you pleases~

Aurax

04-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Trick View Post
should be a win button on the loading screen if you are teamed with shen jax mord or singed. press it.
this

Cyborg Seadog

04-22-2010

Not only is Warmog's very expensive, it takes too much time after you build it to actually be good.

Spirit Visage is a much better choice.

Frozen Mallet is the next thing you need, since it lets you burn them constantly, as well as rain down huge masochism hits. On top of that, it lets your team destroy them as well. And 700 health is about all the survivability Mundo needs in 3s, after Spirit Visage.

After frozen, I decide whether my team needs more damage, or I need to be able to tank better. Typically comes down to Stark's Fervor or Aegis of the Legion.

Hope that helps.

Kesshisan

Recruiter

04-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Seadog View Post
Not only is Warmog's very expensive, it takes too much time after you build it to actually be good.

Spirit Visage is a much better choice.
Both is even better!

Mundo is a powerful champion early on without items. Get him Warmogs and Spirit Visage by level 10, and you'll be terrifying. It is possible, I do it a lot. You have to control Dragon and Lizard, and I usually get Improved Smite on Mundo for the extra gold and jungle control.

GuyGin

04-22-2010

There's a lot of ways to play mundo "right."

My favorite is:
Dorans -> Boots (defensive) -> SV -> Emblem / Starks -> Elixir abuse.