Jungling and the new masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brashorc

11-20-2011

I do jungle. I jungle with Cho'gath, Malphite and other champions. I normally play a tank or tanky champion but can do a carry, just hate the glass cannon build.

Anyhow, what I want to know is how the new mastery set up has effected your jungling ability?

For me, I have become unstoppable in the jungle. I never am below half health while jungling with Cho'gath, I don't feel the need to stack attackspeed runes any more and I can still build my normal build outside of what I use to have to do for jungling.

I run the 9/21/0 masteries, taking all the jungling defensive masteries and in offensive masteries.

Impawsible

11-20-2011

Just because you feel you don't need attack speed anymore, doesn't mean switching to something else is more worthwhile, specially when it helps you jungle faster.

brashorc

11-20-2011

Now, I said my opinion and am looking at how other people have adapted to the changes that the new masteries have brought.

So, having a rune page full of attackspeed use to be what it took to jungle effectivily with any sort of champion that did not have a passive that directly support jungling or had a passive that require that amount of attack speed. I do not like having to use runes on attackspeed when there are many items that give it and less items that give magic resist and armor that support any champion besides a true tank. I rather have my runes full of magic resist and armor and health to provide that mid to late game sustain while I build up those necessary items.
Next, I am not slower while jungling without attack speed. If anything, thanks to the new masteries, I am faster. The mastery that gives a thorn mail against minions (12 damage reflected back) inables me to jungle pretty fast. Normally the places where I would lose lots of time jungling are the wraiths because of their life steal, however because of how the mastery reduces how much of a heal they recieve, I have less of a problem killing them then before.