How to counter Riven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RaskolnikovsAxe

11-20-2011

I've been having quite a bit of trouble with Riven the last few matches and I'm wondering how to counter her. Case in point, I was playing Ashe and simply could not survive against her because her dashes were enough to counteract my slow, just couldn't kite her. SO any suggestions?

Keitau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2011

If you're Ashe, you're pretty much going to need to outdamage her, aka have a big gold advantage. Otherwise just run, you're probably gonna die. Ashe is pretty much that kind of a champ.

Veloxas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-20-2011

unfortunately as ashe there's not really anything you can do but try to build more movement speed than her and harass with volley

iReiGnDown

11-20-2011

I see what you mean. Slows will not affect her jump lengths, so it wont be that effective.
You shouldnt be having trouble in teamfights. Riven is top priority, and she is not that good on defense so she can be bursted easily.
In lane, just keep your distance. Just remember, for every jump she takes toward you its one less jump she can use to get away. Make sure your jungler is near/someone is near/you have exhaust when she tries to overextend.

Lord of Asia

11-20-2011

Play Nasus

Farm Q all day everyday

oogabuga

11-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Asia View Post
Play Nasus

Farm Q all day everyday
I beat a Nasus in lane as Riven. At least until he gets a tri force.

Mr Fehr

11-20-2011

Riven has no sustain. Trynd counters her pretty hard because his W counters all of her ability's scaling and because he can heal most of her damage.

RaskolnikovsAxe

11-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Asia View Post
Play Nasus

Farm Q all day everyday
We had a Nasus on our team with his Q over 400. No dice.

DaFront

11-20-2011

riven has no sustain but she does have extremely strong burst and damage

Hazare

11-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisum55 View Post
Riven has no sustain. Trynd counters her pretty hard because his W counters all of her ability's scaling and because he can heal most of her damage.
False, Riven counter Trynd hard core. Her ult screw yours up so hard you have no idea lol.

Best counter I've seen so far and another one of my friend that plays Riven agrees : Xin.