AD cho'gath......

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChampionSlayer77

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2011

why do people even build it? Your completely ignoring the amazing ass scalings hes got. 100% scaling on rupture, 70% of feral scream and feast, and 30% on spikes. Why would you do that? Plus the fact that hes slower then most characters. I dont get why people play him this way its terrible.

BrotherCaine

11-20-2011

Do you mean 'on hit' chogath?

I used to use a bit of 'on hit' chogath when I jungled with him. Its interesting. dunno if I would do it for ranked.

On-hit discourages people from going toe to toe with chogath. A champion with a dash (Tryn/graves say; or anyone with brain attached) will dodge a mage cho's rupture with little effort and start to tear him apart...

...its not nice.

On hit means you can pretty much duel every champ in the game.

bigmontana

11-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherCaine View Post
Do you mean 'on hit' chogath?

I used to use a bit of 'on hit' chogath when I jungled with him. Its interesting. dunno if I would do it for ranked.

On-hit discourages people from going toe to toe with chogath. A champion with a dash (Tryn/graves say; or anyone with brain attached) will dodge a mage cho's rupture with little effort and start to tear him apart...

...its not nice.

On hit means you can pretty much duel every champ in the game.
On hit means you are as worthless as any caster that build that way and about half as effective as someone who has skills that boost their autoattacks or apply on hit effects. If trynd is good at spinning out of your rupture then...WAIT for the spin before casting zomg gasps! Trynd's (using as example since he was mentioned earlier) usually have low hp and no resists, a rupture->scream->feast will kill him if you build ap. Hell even build tanky ap, RoA+Abyssal+Hourglass and you live reasonably long.

To the OP, people build physical Chog cause they're bad, there's nothing in his kit to make him any better at going ad than say annie or brand. It really shouldn't be done ever

Sir Tiddles

11-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionSlayer77 View Post
why do people even build it? Your completely ignoring the amazing ass scalings hes got. 100% scaling on rupture, 70% of feral scream and feast, and 30% on spikes. Why would you do that? Plus the fact that hes slower then most characters. I dont get why people play him this way its terrible.
Cho has really good CC, and pretty solid base damage on his skills. Going AD/autoattacking scales far better than AP will on most champions, so it isn't a troll build. The only problem with that is it is harder to still build resist/armor and do enough damage to be worthwhile. I still prefer tanky AP Cho, but AD Cho isn't worthless.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2011

A good attack speed item on Cho'gath should not be underestimated. He has the highest base AD growth in the game (equal to Skarner), and E actually does very good damage with some attack speed, making him that much harder to ignore between cooldowns.

AD isn't especially good, however, as nothing in his kit synergizes with it.

Jagunço do Tripé

11-20-2011

they build him AD cuz Hotshot GG do it, u.u Fanboys

Oweñ

12-01-2011

Yeah... +1
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/adcho2.jpg/

And no, he wasn't trolling. I have to agree that it isn't viable for ranked.

Taxian

12-01-2011

Both Malady and Nashor's Tooth provide AP in addition to Attack Speed, making all of cho's abilities more powerful, and Wit's End provides solid defense in addition to the attack speed/on hit bonus.

Building those three items, or some combination thereof, makes chogath an insanely strong pusher. Nashor's in particular is great on Cho'Gath, as the mana regen and CDR are also very useful on him, while the AP and Attack Speed boost help him put out enough dps that he can't be ignored, even if built tanky.

My optimal build looks something like: Merc Treads, Guardian Angel, Abyssal Scepter, Randuin's Omen, Nashor's Tooth, with the last item slot free depending on the game. Trust me, it works.

Also, interesting to note that HotShotGG almost always puts Wits End on his Cho, and seems to do pretty well.

FrackYeahCeeKing

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionSlayer77 View Post
Build a lot of AP and grab a Nashor's tooth and a Rylai's. Done.

Deinbeck

12-01-2011

You won't land rupture on a good player often. If you throw a malady on cho early you will melt most other champs early on, and they usually don't expect it.