Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Quethix, the Cyborg

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deoxysprime

11-19-2011

This thread is a part of my compilation found here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2511727

Feel free to check it out!

Hey guys! This is another champion concept of mine, this one is a hybrid mana bruiser! If you're worried about having to read too much, scroll down toward the bottom, I've placed a summary for you!

Lore:

Quote:
The great inventors of Valoran all have their darkness, some value fame, some value fortune, others value power. Quethix was just one of those inventors who so greatly desired power. He travelled to all of the great cities of invention and learned from all of the greatest academies so that he could become powerful with the use of his machines. His first idea was to create an army of steam golems much like Blitzcrank under his service. He created powerful hearts of mana energy for them and was ready to release them to the world.

He was working as usual on the casing for the hearts for his golems when suddenly his arcane welder overcharged and exploded. Quethix went to grab the mana heart that fell to the floor to set it back on his table, but instead his body absorbed the mana energy from the container with an electrical crack. He grabbed his chest in pain as the powerful mana energy surged through him. His world went black, and he thought he died.

He woke up hours later, still on the floor of his laboratory. He got up and felt very strong for the first time in a while. He looked at himself, his chest was crackling with arcane power. A powerful electrical energy violently rushed through him once more. He didn't pass out this time, but it hurt immensely. He knew he was going to have to force his body to adapt to the powerful energy flowing through it. He created a containment device for his now mana charged heart.

Quethix knew nothing of health, he was going to have to create an entire apparatus of equipment for his heart to divert extra power to. He created weapons, powerful vents, and other power enhancing devices. He created an essential power core around his heart. His life was now dependent on his machine. He was empowered by his machine too, but he didn't know what to do with his new-found power. The Institute of War was calling his name. He would become a champion in the League of Legends.

"This man is perspicacious, ambitious, powerful, and egotistical. Those words leave a resonant lugubrious sentiment... I hope we never see Quethix's wrath." - Heimerdinger, the Revered Inventor

Base Stats:
Quote:
Health: 471 (+88/Level) (2055 at level 18)
Mana: 234 (+55/Level) (1224 at level 18)
Mana Regeneration: 5.5 (+.6/Level) (16.3 at level 18)
Attack Damage: 54 (+3.4/Level) (115.2 at level 18)
Attack Speed: .675 (+2.9%/Level) (1.010 at level 18)
Armor: 15 (+3.5/Level) (78 at 18)
Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25/Level) (54 at 18)
Movement Speed: 310

Skills:
Quote:
Passive – Mana Empowered Fists
Your attacks are empowered by mana, dealing damage equal to 3% of your current mana as magic damage. This costs .5% of your current mana for each auto attack.

Q – Thunderfist (8/7/6/5/4 second cooldown) (35/40/45/50/55 mana)
The thrusters in your fist cause your next strike to deal 35/55/75/95/115 (+.4/AD) bonus damage.

W – Power Vents (16 second cooldown) (75 mana) (200 unit radius)
Vents excess power in a circle around you, dealing 20/35/50/65/80 (+.1/AP) magic damage per second for 5 seconds. Increases your movement speed by 15/17.5/20/22.5/25%.

*Alternate Idea* - Power Vents no longer deal AoE damage but instead empowers your other basic skills. (Passive - Deals damage equal to 3.3/3.6/3.9/4.2/4.5% current mana for the duration.)(Thunderfist - Applies a 10/12.5/15/17.5/20% slow on hit lasting 4 seconds.)(Energy Thrusters - Range increased to 815/830/845/860/875.)
*Alternate Two* - Power Vents act as an energy siphon, granting 6/7/8/9/10% spell vamp and life steal in addition to the movement speed increase.

E – Energy Thrusters (16 second cooldown) (60/70/80/90/100 mana) (800 unit range)
You activate your mana thrusters, launching you to the target location (has a very slight delay like rocket jump.) Upon landing you slam the ground and pulse out powerful electricity in a small radius, silencing targets for 1 second. Deals 60/90/120/150/180 (+.3/AD and +.3/AP) magic damage.

R – Mana Cannon (120/105/90 second cooldown) (100/150/200 mana) (800 maximum range)
Fires the Mana Cannon at the target. After a .25 second delay, you unleash a burst of energy that deals 250/350/450 (+6% total mana and .2/AP) magic damage. This knocks targets back (only as far as the maximum range of the laser [800 units,]) if they hit a wall it deals an additional 100/150/200 (+6% total mana and .2/AP) damage and stuns that target for 1.5 seconds. (Total damage equal to 350/500/650 [+12% total mana and .4/AP].)

Recommended Build:
Manamune
Archangel's Staff
Trinity Force
Frozen Heart
Banshee's Veil
Mercury Treads

Champion Stats at 18 with full build, 0/21/9 masteries, and special rune page (with extra mana):
Quote:
Health: 2,903
Mana: 4,735
Attack Damage: 270.2 (+142 magic damage per swing at full mana)
Ability Power: 217
Attack Speed: ~1.2
Armor: 183
Magic Resist: 139
Critical Strike Chance: 15%
Movement Speed: 442
Cooldown Reduction: 28.1%
Mana Regeneration: 51.3

Damage on skills with above build (unmitigated):
Thunderfist: 762 (Including Trinity Force)
Power Vents: 102 per tick, 510 total
Energy Thrusters: 291
Mana Cannon: 1305

Full Combo without additional auto attacks 1305 + 762 + 510 + 291 = 2868. (1553 damage with no ultimate.)

Ratings:
Quote:
Health: 5
Magic: 7
Attack: 7
Difficulty: 4

Tags:
Fighter
Melee

Appearance:
Quote:
General: Stern face, arrogant posture. The metal apparatuses and plating on him are mostly that golden-bronze color that Blitzcrank has. Mana energy is very obvious in the tubing and various techmaturgical objects on him. Mana energy flows through his tubes constantly.

Face and eyes: Light blue eyes with glowing irises. His face is sharply cut with defined features. He has a medium length beard that covers a decent portion of his jaw. His hair is black with graying tips.

Chest: Covered in metal plating. There are vents all over it. Where his heart would be there is a circular crystal pane that glows with blue mana energy, in the middle of a slightly larger apparatus. The apparatus has multiple tubes coming out from it to other parts of his body.

Arms: He has capacitors in his shoulder plates that also have small glowing crystal panes in them. There are tubes that come out of his shoulder plates and winding around his arms to very large gauntlets on his hands. The gauntlets occasionally crackle with power.

Legs: He has tubes spiraling down his legs and into capacitors in his knee plates. Tubes continue to spiral down to his feet on which he has massive metal boots. The metal boots have thrusters on the back, the bottom, and the left and right sides of them.

Quotes:
Quote:
Selection: "Magic users do not recognize the power of mana."

Movement/Attacking:
"I'll show them my power!"
"I desire domination."
"Who shall I fight now?"
"As you command."
"They will know my pain."
"My energy is unlimited!"

Taunt:
*Smashes fist into palm, energy crackles* "You're next."

Joke:
"Guys, guys, it's not a contest, because I think we all know who would win if it were. Me."
Refer to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adW46gsMTXM
"I'MMA FIRIN' MAH-" *cough cough* "Oops, I guess I internally discharged my mana cannon."

Special:
Firing Mana Cannon:
"FIRE THE MANA CANNON!"
"True power!"

Firing Mana Cannon at Malzahar:
"Mana laser wins."
"Blargh this!"

Using Power Thrusters and landing on a yordle:
Makes a "Gabip!" sound effect with no quote. Think Mario.

Death: Grips his heart apparatus, it explodes, and he falls to the ground, when he hits electricity scatters into it.

Comparison to another bruiser with a combo: (WALL OF TEXT WARNING)
Quote:
Renekton has 296 attack damage, 222 armor, 158 magic resist, 28.1% CDR, 2941 health, and 1.004 attack speed. Renekton even has 10% armor pen and 45 more flat armor pen. Renekton uses E twice, W with fury, and a Q. 638 + 330 + 796 = 1764 damage with no ultimate against no resistances. Quethix's full combo does 1553 damage with no ultimate, 2868 with it.

Quethix's cooldowns with full build, runes, and masteries:
Q = 2.9
W = 11.5
E = 11.5
R = 64.7

Rene's CDs under same circumstances:
Q = 5.8
W = 6.5
E = 10.1
R = 86.3

Let's look at damage over 10 seconds on one another, given infinite health.

Quethix goes R → E → Auto → Q → W (This is the course of the first 1.5 seconds. This leaves 8.5 seconds remaining.)

Let's say he lands 2 more Qs and 10 auto attacks.

Total: 522 + 116 + 138 + 243 + 204 + 486 + 1380 = 3089

Renekton goes R → E → Auto → Fury W → E → Q (This is the first 3 seconds.) Rene also activates Youmuu's.

He lands 9 auto attacks, another fury W, and another basic Q.

Total: (1,000 + 319 + 296 + 796 + 319 + 330 + (9*296) + 796 + 330)*.4 = 2740

This assumes that neither of them lands a crit. This also does not factor in Randuin's active, the passive slow, Renekton's lifesteal, or the healing from his Q. If those were added in Renekton would probably destroy Quethix in net health.

Pros and Cons of Quethix in comparison to Renekton:
Pros:
More burst with ultimate
More chasing power
More CC (with ultimate)
More sustained damage with higher basic attack speed and passive

Cons:
Less burst without ultimate
Very little penetration (his rune page provides only magic pen marks, nothing else.)
Less defense (by a fair margin)
Less sustain for laning (Renekton has a bloodthirster in this build.)
No active items
More expensive build
Mana reliance

Summary:
Quote:
Lore:
He's a power-hungry inventor who had to use his knowledge of machines to save his life. His life has become dependent on machines.

Skills:
Passive: Auto attacks deal bonus magic damage based on current mana.
Q - Thunderfist: On-next-hit skill that deals bonus damage. Scales with AD.
W - Power Vents: Increases movement speed and deals AoE damage every second (Like Shyvana.) Scales with AP.
E - Energy Thrusters: Launch to a location, and slam the ground doing damage in a small radius with a small 1 second AoE silence. Scales with AP and AD.
R - Mana Cannon: Fires a powerful beam of energy at the target champion, sending them back and dealing bonus damage if they hit a wall. Scales with AP and total mana.

Note: His ratios are relatively low.

Stats:
He's a hybrid bruiser who relies on mana (almost as much as Ryze.) He gets in melee range and does a combination of damage types. He is most noticable for his chasing power.

Inspiration:
There was a lot of Iron Man inspiration on this character. I was honestly thinking of Ryze + Blitzcrank, but then I thought I could make another concept out of it for a new mana reliant champion.

Other concepts by me:
Roake, the Life Warden: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1480878

Thanks for reading! What do you think? Do you like it? Does the lore suck? Is he OP? Is he UP? Do the numbers need work? Leave your comments because I would love to hear from you guys!

Deoxysprime

11-20-2011

Bump before I head to sleep.

Deoxysprime

11-20-2011

Bump, heading to bed.

Deoxysprime

11-22-2011

Bump.

Jayha242

11-22-2011

It should have an afro.

Deoxysprime

11-24-2011

Bump.

Deoxysprime

11-24-2011

Bump.

Deoxysprime

11-25-2011

Bump. I'd really appreciate people posting on this, whether it's to troll me or tell me what I can fix with the champion, I'm okay with it. I just feel like the champion concepts forum is dead.

skellytor

Recruiter

12-10-2011

Your posts are always so neat and crisp, I'm surprised that these aren't official champions. Your theorycraft is near-flawless. I like this idea, but instead of having bronzed panels, what if they were some sort of corroded purple? I think this would fit the type of palette you're trying to accomplish with a bruiser like this.

Deoxysprime

12-14-2011

Quote:
skellytor:
Your posts are always so neat and crisp, I'm surprised that these aren't official champions. Your theorycraft is near-flawless. I like this idea, but instead of having bronzed panels, what if they were some sort of corroded purple? I think this would fit the type of palette you're trying to accomplish with a bruiser like this.

I see where you're coming from, but I really liked the look of bronzed panels in my head. It just seemed to fit together. Purples and blues would be my second choice of coloring though.