Common Counter-picks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Admiral Love

04-23-2012

I've gotten to a point where I have over 2k games under my belt, and I can cover any role necessary with a large variety of champions. I think it's time I started to learn how to counter-pick.

Here are the following counter-picks I've figured out on my own (I think, please tell me if these are wrong):

Top:

Malphite - counters melee AD tops like renekton or riven
Teemo - counters tanky melee, great at protecting against a strong jungle
Galio - counters AP top
Yorick - am I wrong, or does he pretty much do well against anyone?

Mid:

Annie - good at out-bursting champs and great AoE, I take her when a team is melee heavy or if the mid is someone I can reach with stun

Malzahar - great at farming, great for singling out strong opponents, I take him against beefier mids like Swain

Heimerdinger - to be honest, i always take heimer when going against a mid champ that I'm not sure how to counter...he's easy to stay safe with, easy to farm with, safe harassment but doesn't get many kills

Jungle:

I'm not really sure at all how to counter-jungle, I just usually go straight for WW or Xin, or I may pick up Amumu if I think we have lanes that are strong enough to let me farm till 6

Bot/Support:

There are so many permutations here, I feel like it's a lot harder to counter-pick. Usually, I go Sona, she seems to work in every scenario. I'll take Zil if my opponents are pure damage, ex: Lux and Ashe bot. For AD ranged, I'll take Teemo if opposing support is tanky, I'll take Cait if they have heals, and Vayne if I think her burst can get us early kills.

Please criticize me and make me feel like a noob. It's the only way I'll learn. Thanks in advance!

Amoc

04-23-2012

The counter list is so much more dynamic, and longer than you have here. There are inexaustible lists like this and you'd be better off googling it than trying to summarize it in a thread here.

Admiral Love

04-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoc View Post
The counter list is so much more dynamic, and longer than you have here. There are inexaustible lists like this and you'd be better off googling it than trying to summarize it in a thread here.
Well, if you read the post I was only listing my admittedly limited knowledge. I also go as far as to admit that I'm not even sure these counter-picks work entirely the way I say they do. Advice would be helpful. Been trying to search threads and google for a good guide, not really finding anything yet...

Edit: Nevermind, just found a good guide buried in the forums. Still, advice and criticisms on my list above would be much appreciated.

spartanREBEL26

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2012

This is a very good google doc that many top level players have used for counterpicking:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...jJVb3FoUVZLM1E

defleppardruelz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2012

your list seems fine to me, some others that are pretty common: kass countering other ap mids, talon countering ap mids, bruisers counter talon, galio counters most ap mids, veig counters most ap mids, ryze and galio counter veig, any ad carry with a flashskill (ez, corki, trist) counter blitz (much easier to dodge his pull or get away from it.), soraka counters karth, panth counters gp.