Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Q: What is Ap Scaling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Covert

06-29-2010

Hey everyone, ive been playing for a while and i never got what Ap scaling is and what is does... Can someone please give me a brief run-down on it? Thanks ! ^_^

Rancid Sac

06-29-2010

HI

AP scaling refers to the coefficient that is put before your AP when calculating the total damage added to your spells. For example if Annie's disintegrate has a coefficient of 0.6 for AP, that means that if she buys a blasting wand the total damage added to that spell will be 24, or 40 * 0.6.

'Veigar scales well with AP' means that his coefficients are high and vica versa.

You can find these values in the 'game database' by clicking on your desired champion. If your desired champion is Evelyn I would highly recommend uninstalling the game immediately.

note: some of the AP coefficients may be wrong as the past 2-3 updates have not been accounted for in the game database.

Saffire

06-29-2010

Most spells that do magic damage will do increased damage off of your ability power stat. The amount of benefit an individual spell varies, so you'll see things like .6 AP ratio, which means that for every 10 AP, your spell gets 6 more damage.