6k Champ, which?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lemurialol

11-18-2011

Hello, i started playing League a month or two ago and i currently own (i think) 40 champions and i am looking to add another into my selection. atm i have enough ip to buy 1 6k champ and then get rammus on sale. I would spend ip on him but i need to save for runes if i want to play ranked ( i just got level 30). I play a lot, so i want someone who might not get boring easily. My "boring factors" may be different from many however so i will leave that up to you.

Please tell me, from this list, which would be the best for dominion and why (or 5v5/3v3 if you must). Thank you; just asking for some help; not because i cannot think for myself but i want to know others experiences as they are not free this week or won't be for awhile.

• Swain
  • Yorick
  • Talon
  • Lee Sin
  • Renekton
  • Irelia

Thank you. Please, do not refer anyone else as i have all the other 6k's including Fizz. (albeit i do not have Shyvana/Xerath/Graves)

Mindllapse

11-18-2011

lee sin
talon

yorick if u want to play bot

Lemurialol

11-18-2011

any reasoning as to why they are good? and why Yorick makes a fine bot? I am pretty good at landing skillshots from playing Kennen and Ezreal if that makes any difference to a decision.

Thanks for the input either way.

Seņor Pancho

11-18-2011

Quote:
yorick if u want to have tiny te$ticles
fix'd

Lemurialol

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Pancho View Post
fix'd
Yorick's voice suggests otherwise.

Mindllapse

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurialol View Post
any reasoning as to why they are good? and why Yorick makes a fine bot? I am pretty good at landing skillshots from playing Kennen and Ezreal if that makes any difference to a decision.

Thanks for the input either way.
yorick's passive + spam heal ghoul never die, then late game unkillable unkiteable etc

and even if for some reason you getting raped at bot your ghoul damage can still keep minions pushed away from cap point

build lee sin with high dmg and you wreck faces and escape easy with W and also unkiteable with Q/E

talon high damage you 2 shot everyone, if they have armor/tanks get last whisper, you probably still can't 1v1 them but you'll do enough for your team, or kill any squishy

swain: sucks, too slow damage, stun a lot easier to dodge on dominion where people aren't confined to lanes/creep waves, gets bursted easy by some of the widely picked bursters

renekton: if you build tanky your dmg sucks and cd's too high, if you build damage you die too fast and can't do anything

Irelia: an OK choice, can be really strong, but not as solid as lee/talon/yorick from your choices you listed

Lemurialol

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindllapse View Post
yorick's passive + spam heal ghoul never die, then late game unkillable unkiteable etc

and even if for some reason you getting raped at bot your ghoul damage can still keep minions pushed away from cap point

build lee sin with high dmg and you wreck faces and escape easy with W and also unkiteable with Q/E

talon high damage you 2 shot everyone, if they have armor/tanks get last whisper, you probably still can't 1v1 them but you'll do enough for your team, or kill any squishy

swain: sucks, too slow damage, stun a lot easier to dodge on dominion where people aren't confined to lanes/creep waves, gets bursted easy by some of the widely picked bursters

renekton: if you build tanky your dmg sucks and cd's too low, if you build damage you die too fast and can't do anything

Irelia: an OK choice, can be really strong, but not as solid as lee/talon/yorick from your choices you listed
Alright great, so far Yorick, lee, and talon r all in the lead. The only problem with Yorick is, is the fact ALOT of players talk badly of Yorick often on the forums and in-game. Irelia is claimed to be OP but honestly i have fought many Irelia's and they weren't the best (maybe just them?). Lee Sin i have been told is great if you are a skilled player.

Thank you for your input, just need a little more input to figure out which out of Yorick, Lee, and Talon.

EDIT: Why exactly is Renekton bad if you build dmg and not tanky compred to other DPS / Tanky DPS? Any reasoning applied to just him compared to others that makes him worse?

Stimuz

11-18-2011

Quote:
Alright great, so far Yorick, lee, and talon r all in the lead. The only problem with Yorick is, is the fact ALOT of players talk badly of Yorick often on the forums and in-game. Irelia is claimed to be OP but honestly i have fought many Irelia's and they weren't the best (maybe just them?). Lee Sin i have been told is great if you are a skilled player.

Thank you for your input, just need a little more input to figure out which out of Yorick, Lee, and Talon.

EDIT: Why exactly is Renekton bad if you build dmg and not tanky compred to other DPS / Tanky DPS? Any reasoning applied to just him compared to others that makes him worse?
Irelia is friggen beast. Its pretty much auto win if I have a good Irelia on my team and I'm AP Janna. Dem 700-800 shields for irelia = lol. She's also one of the hardest melee to shake.

Lemurialol

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
Irelia is friggen beast. Its pretty much auto win if I have a good Irelia on my team and I'm AP Janna. Dem 700-800 shields for irelia = lol. She's also one of the hardest melee to shake.
Well i do not play with supports at all, as i only play dom, they are rarely played there, at least in my games i have only ever seen 1 Soraka and she didn't do very well. So please, without any help or buffs/shield is she any good? I here a joke that goes "Irelia needs a nerf" if anything happens to other champions, but i take it lightly as a joke.

Why is she hard to take? doesn't she only have 1 gap closer which doubles as a slow? That's great but other champions seem to have the same or more (or less)

Stimuz

11-18-2011

Quote:
Well i do not play with supports at all, as i only play dom, they are rarely played there, at least in my games i have only ever seen 1 Soraka and she didn't do very well. So please, without any help or buffs/shield is she any good? I here a joke that goes "Irelia needs a nerf" if anything happens to other champions, but i take it lightly as a joke.

Why is she hard to take? doesn't she only have 1 gap closer which doubles as a slow? That's great but other champions seem to have the same or more (or less)
She has a Q charge gap closer and her E is a stun or a snare depending on her hp vs her targets which of course stacks with snares from phage or mallet. At higher levels her Q becomes a pretty short CD so she can charge pretty often. I dunno, she seems easy to play but I never got to play her enough during the free week. Hard to do well with though. If you want super easy go Talon, hes faceroll.