From NEGATIVE 18 to 1524 - Elo Super Guide

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rammblin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyAndHazy View Post
And he only had to play ~170 to get fro -18 to 1500.
Want to know how I got out? I got lucky. Thats it. I won 19 out of 20 games where I went up against a constant stream of feeders, trolls and leavers and jumped about 300 ELO in a couple of days. Thats it.

jetronic

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
Awesome post MrChunkz.

Definitely takes some guts to pull this off as well, kudos ^^
Have I missed something?!?! Roku works at Riot now?!

swilson

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChunkz View Post
I completely stopped duo queueing when I hit 800. It took forever to find a game under that rating which is why I duo queued.
my elos well under 800, I find a game in about 3 seconds.

Anyway I dont know how to cope with the random team comps down here, after sitting at 1000-1200 where people followed the meta, most of my time previously so if you can give some advice on that it would be nice.

Amaterasuomikami

11-18-2011

<3 Chunkz

MrChunkz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilson View Post
my elos well under 800, I find a game in about 3 seconds.

Anyway I dont know how to cope with the random team comps down here, after sitting at 1000-1200 where people followed the meta, most of my time previously so if you can give some advice on that it would be nice.
Pick what you're really good at and you should have a significant impact on the game. Especially if it's under 800 where team comps are completely random. The players in that range don't build defensive items so stacking one offensive stat (physical or magical) is completely fine.

Waschbar

11-18-2011

Buenos Bro. We should play again sometime GL in Season Two

gallantgreg

11-18-2011

"A support doesn't fit in well in games under 1450. It's much better to have two people getting 40% of the cs each than one ad carry getting 60%."

Never heard this before but it makes soo much sense. +1 OP

Memorylame

11-18-2011

all these high elo players dropping to disprove elo hell are contributing to elo hell by not giving the sub 1000s a chance against similarily skilled players...

Buizel

Recruiter

11-18-2011

I feel like my strongest role is playing support. I have done well with solo top or mid, but cannot carry a team that is stubborn. When I was below 800 elo, I just stuck playing Sona or Soraka and brought myself to 1400. Now I mainly stick with Janna or Taric and am trying to break 1600.

Rammblin

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallantgreg View Post
"A support doesn't fit in well in games under 1450. It's much better to have two people getting 40% of the cs each than one ad carry getting 60%."

Never heard this before but it makes soo much sense. +1 OP
No this is ****ing retarded. Two people together below 1450 will get like 20% of the cs, whereas most AD carries at that level can easily get 80%. Don't be so ****ing stupid.