From NEGATIVE 18 to 1524 - Elo Super Guide

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YattaRX8

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

My biggest problem is nobody is willing to compromise on the role they want to play, leaving me as the one having to compromise so we'll have a viable composition. What do you do about this?

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta7 View Post
My biggest problem is nobody is willing to compromise on the role they want to play, leaving me as the one having to compromise so we'll have a viable composition. What do you do about this?
I can actiolly give you good advice on this one.
I've been stuck at about 1200 elo for a LOONG time, untill season was about to end and i change my ways. i got to 1400 before season ended and im at 1550 now.

When you are forced into role you you know you dont feel comfortable with, or you see people argue over role in lobby already.. DODGE this game. simple as that.Not gaining elo is better then loosing elo , and getting angry.

Compromising and trying to cooperate with people who are bad, and unwilling to cooperate wont get you anywhere, its sad truth.I've tried to be nice to people , help them, give them their favourite picks etc. It just doesn't work in low elo.
Go get your strongest position, and if you cant, dodge the game ( dont trol - trolling is worst thing you might do).

ZIP Zebra

11-14-2012

he duo queued most of the games with someone double his elo. his advice might be good, but its the same advice you can get from just about anywhere, i've read the same advice on solomid.net, nothing new here, and I'm sure a forum search will find the same advice being given over and over ad nauseum. the only real advice you need to be successful at ranked is practice, keep playing it, and you'll eventually get better at it. he broke the summoners code by intentionally playing below his elo and griefing the people that are legitimately trying to get better at ranked. it is unfortunate that riot employees would encourage people to break the summoners code.

dreamNing

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIP Zebra View Post
he duo queued most of the games with someone double his elo. his advice might be good, but its the same advice you can get from just about anywhere, i've read the same advice on solomid.net, nothing new here, and I'm sure a forum search will find the same advice being given over and over ad nauseum. the only real advice you need to be successful at ranked is practice, keep playing it, and you'll eventually get better at it. he broke the summoners code by intentionally playing below his elo and griefing the people that are legitimately trying to get better at ranked. it is unfortunate that riot employees would encourage people to break the summoners code.
You know this is from Season 1 right.

And by your definition, everybody who ever got to platinum or diamond is griefing because they had to play games below their ELO to get there.

ZIP Zebra

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamex View Post
You know this is from Season 1 right.

And by your definition, everybody who ever got to platinum or diamond is griefing because they had to play games below their ELO to get there.
He intentionally lowered his elo to -18, that is different. KEYWORD INTENTIONALLY.

YattaRX8

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacyf View Post
I can actiolly give you good advice on this one.
I've been stuck at about 1200 elo for a LOONG time, untill season was about to end and i change my ways. i got to 1400 before season ended and im at 1550 now.

When you are forced into role you you know you dont feel comfortable with, or you see people argue over role in lobby already.. DODGE this game. simple as that.Not gaining elo is better then loosing elo , and getting angry.

Compromising and trying to cooperate with people who are bad, and unwilling to cooperate wont get you anywhere, its sad truth.I've tried to be nice to people , help them, give them their favourite picks etc. It just doesn't work in low elo.
Go get your strongest position, and if you cant, dodge the game ( dont trol - trolling is worst thing you might do).
It's funny that you say it. Half of my solo queue losses I said to myself at the champ select, "I should probably dodge this game", but I didn't want to wait a half hour. And then I regret it because I knew it was almost a guaranteed loss, but stayed in hope that I was wrong, just to lose ELO.

I made it to gold (I wanted that skin bad ) but I had to duo queue to do it. At first I was doing EZ with my friend supporting me as Lux, but he's a bad support player and admits it. So we swapped to me being Janna and him as Draven. Draven is such a better pub stomp than EZ xD. I went 20-10 as Janna. One of those wins I supported a pug but was still duo queued with my friend who went mid; 19 of those wins were supporting my friend; 5 of the losses were solo queue =.=

DjJazzman

11-14-2012

I always found, although I'm just a silver league scrub (and proud) that:

Learn to play every single bloody lane there is, but most of all, learn to play damn good support. I only played 10 games, won 5 and lost 5, but 3/5 of those wins were from me playing support. My mindset was learn to play a really good support and let the others who know how to play offensive carries do their thing.

Although I'm planning on trying to main mid lane this season.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta7 View Post
It's funny that you say it. Half of my solo queue losses I said to myself at the champ select, "I should probably dodge this game", but I didn't want to wait a half hour. And then I regret it because I knew it was almost a guaranteed loss, but stayed in hope that I was wrong, just to lose ELO.
YEa, thats what i mean, IF you have enough experience to look at champion picks/ player behaviour and just think ' oh **** -12 again". It means you should dodge.
Mind that knowing good champion compositions vs bad is also the skill.In premade teams you'd simply not pick those bad ones, so you might aswell use your knowledge and not loose elo in sol ogame.

Mind that its rarely about single bad pick.. but if your entire team have weaker picks who is supposed to carry?

Lightvein

11-14-2012

Love it, bump for the unawares.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjJazzman View Post
I always found, although I'm just a silver league scrub (and proud) that:

Learn to play every single bloody lane there is, but most of all, learn to play damn good support. I only played 10 games, won 5 and lost 5, but 3/5 of those wins were from me playing support. My mindset was learn to play a really good support and let the others who know how to play offensive carries do their thing.

Although I'm planning on trying to main mid lane this season.
Dont bother with mid lane.
Its really good for carrying games, but its also comfort zone for bad players, and you get alot of argument in lobby if you try to get mid.You will get trolled alot if you try to go for mid. Also its easy to just stay alive in mid, and jungler can easly help mid player, so in fact you want bad player in there rather than for example in solo top.