From NEGATIVE 18 to 1524 - Elo Super Guide

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HomeSkilletz

11-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttr View Post
A friend of mine constantly gets games where almost everyone on his team constantly feeds and feeds more...literally, he's shown me SS's of the games and there's 2-3 people on his team with 20+ deaths. You're telling me you're suppose to carry those baddies? If so, how the hell can you? lol.

I believe you can carry certain games, but some are just completely un-winnable...
Those games are by and far the exception, and if you are good, you can prevent your teammates from losing. The biggest problem in this game is snowballing if you get behind, so you start the snowball heading your way by ganking and helping out teammates who are behind.
Solid communication/leadership, and helping teammates, not raging at them, are the keys to winning games assuming you have the fundamentals (which most low elo do not have despite their arguments to the contrary). You can look at his game history and notice he has the highest CS in almost every match.

Out Played

11-19-2011

Quote:
A friend of mine constantly gets games where almost everyone on his team constantly feeds and feeds more...literally, he's shown me SS's of the games and there's 2-3 people on his team with 20+ deaths. You're telling me you're suppose to carry those baddies? If so, how the hell can you? lol.

I believe you can carry certain games, but some are just completely un-winnable...
If someone has that many deaths it's highly probable that they're intentionally feeding, and no, you're not going to win at that point. However, there's a reason they're feeding so much, most people don't just walk into a game and run into towers constantly. You have to actively try and stop them from feeding, whether it be by dropping a few wards for them, pinging if you think a gank is coming, or assisting in ganks in their lane. You can do A LOT by playing mid and roaming like a Sion does. When someone is dominating in their lane they tend to get tunnel vision, buy fewer wards, and generally play riskier. Capitalize on this and you're golden.

dukk

11-19-2011

lol big deal . i was 700 elo and went up to 1500 too .. theres no diference between -18 and 500 or 800

TL Frolo

11-19-2011

nice read

VaiSeig

11-19-2011

bump

Castro2man

11-19-2011

i cried when i reached 1719, and now am 1500~ ;_;

MrChunkz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0gX View Post
hey MrChunkz,

I had two questions:

first: is it easier to carry with one of AD or AP? the main reason I am interested is because it is obviosuly easier to kill towers with most AD champions over AP, so does this make a difference in carrying ability?

second, I think I am going to start playing ranked games in season 2 soon (prob today), I've won around 375 normal games, and played around 15-20 ranked games in the first season. When trying to rasie my ELO at the end of the season, I was on my way past 1100ish while playing Talon. Talon is likely my most comfortable champion, though I am pretty good with akali and fizz as well, amoung a load of others, those are just who I play recently.

So I guess this brings about two questions: if I feel undoubtedly most comfortable with talon, but still very comfortable with others, is it best to play someone who Isn't talon but possibly suits the situation better (such as being AP when our team is already AD heavy) or to just play talon every game?

and next: when you mentioned you could help people to get better, what did you mean exactly? and can I give it a try?
1. It depends on how much better you are with Talon. You could pick him every single game. He actually fits into a lot of lanes. But you might run into the issue where you're so specialized in Talon that you can't play anything else. So you might want to play champions that fit into the situation better.

2. We're doing it right now. You're reading and taking in advice and asking questions. Keep shooting me questions and I'll answer them. I'm even willing to look at your replays. The best way to find me is through my IRC channel.

Yarr0w

11-19-2011

I really think this thread should be stickied. Fantastic information, and a very educated post . Thanks for your time, sure helped me out.

Enigmers

11-19-2011

Quote:

While I agree that some games are beyond one's reasonable power to cary, the key for him should have been to help those baddies out pre-emptively, before they got completely shut down. When someone's killed repeatedly, they fall far behind in levels and becomes easier to kill - it's a vicious cycle. OBviously it should have been heir responsibility, early-game, to not get themselves killed, but part of carrying yourself out of Elo Hell is not "My numbers are good, my teammates feed GG" but by actively helping your team. League of Legends is, at its core, a team game regardless of the fact that you're solo queueing, and sometimes it doesn't take very much to prevent a game from snowballing into disaster.

Then again, some people are incredibly stupid and won't listen to constructive criticism anyway; you can only hope that they will eventually drop behind you in Elo and you won't get them as teammates again.

Rammblin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2011

This thread is stupid. Stop listening to what this idiot has to say he doesn't have any idea what the **** hes talking about.