Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Cho'Gath Masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViashinoWizard

11-18-2011

I love me some Cho'Gath, I tell you what. I've been playing around with the new masteries, but I'm still not 100% sure what I want to do with him. I generally always play solo top tank Cho with Flash/TP, though I might replace Flash with Ghost. I've got two sets right now: 9/0/21 with Swiftness/Meditation/Runic Affinity/Awareness/Intelligence and 9/21/0 with Vigor/Evasion/Enlightenment/Initiator/Honor Guard. I really like all the new tools in Defense (especially Juggernaut's +3% HP with synergizes amazingly well with Feast's passive), but I can't take improved Flash/Teleport without losing either Juggernaut (and missing out on that synergy) or magic penetration (and becoming ignorable late game). The lack of Meditation isn't such a big deal since I run Flat Mana Regen seals. I don't grab Durability+Veteran's Scars because Cho already gets tons of health and benefits more from mitigation (I also max the basic Armor/MR masteries).

What are all you other Cho players running? Let us discuss like gentlemen.

utenan5

11-18-2011

I have always, and will always take 9/0/21 just for the CDR. Cho can be built a ton of ways, but he always needs to be able to spam his spells as much as possible. with all the cdr masteries I can usually get away with buying 1 cdr item or having blue most of the game and being close to max cdr. All of the other masteries seem lackluster on cho.

ViashinoWizard

11-18-2011

Quote:
utenan5:
I have always, and will always take 9/0/21 just for the CDR. Cho can be built a ton of ways, but he always needs to be able to spam his spells as much as possible. with all the cdr masteries I can usually get away with buying 1 cdr item or having blue most of the game and being close to max cdr. All of the other masteries seem lackluster on cho.

There's a scaling CDR mastery in defense, though it doesn't surpass the flat 6% until level 14. Also, I definitely like Ghost over Flash on Cho. He doesn't need very precise positioning, and Ghost > Feast works better than Flash > Feast unless you're tower diving.