Rune Fusion - Cosmetic Add-On Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

11-18-2011

I just found out about Rune Fusion today from a friend. I'd probably have learned about it sooner if I played more often or paid more attention to the interface on the rune page but ah well. After looking through the LoL wiki to check out the details, I believe there is something interesting that could be done with the system.

What is Rune Fusion?
-You can combine 2 runes for a random rune of same tier.
-You can combine 5 runes for a random rune of higher tier.

What if you could get special cosmetic add-on runes that can only be acquired through Rune Fusion?

These runes would be like duplicates of normal runes except for cosmetic changes they make to champions or champion effects in addition to the normal effect. The effects could be for specific champions/abilities or for any champion/ability.

For example, a Rune of Clarity that causes Sivir's Boomerang Blade glow with blueish-white light when thrown.

For example, a Rune of Might that causes pink lightning to crackle around any champion that dances or taunts.

Why cosmetic only? To make sure this doesn't affect game balance.

What kind of special effects would you like to see on your champions?

ElectiveAmnesia

11-18-2011

Good idea except there will be no profit and Riot is owned by Chiense tyrants so...

Helen Keller

11-18-2011

thats stupid as **** n a waste of precious rune slots

mcnick12

11-18-2011

Seems OK, but Riot has more inportant things to do.
\

Doosfin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

Not against the idea, but it would be very difficult to code all that in.

Riot has much more important things to work on, like the stealth remake and (hopefully) Shiny/Magma Chamber.

JohnnyOmega

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
You need to read the whole post. Precious rune slots would not be affected since the add-on runes function exactly as the runes you already have on the page plus special effect.

A Planeswalker

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
The rune that was made replaces the same rune with added cosmetic effects.........
How is this a waste again?
Shen'd.

JohnnyOmega

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectiveAmnesia View Post
Good idea except there will be no profit and Riot is owned by Chiense tyrants so...
This will encourage the sale of extra rune pages so there could be profit there.

A special RP item that increases or guarantees the chance of getting a special effect rune when doing rune fusion could be sold.

A Planeswalker

11-18-2011

As the rune combiner is kinda useless atm(always has been imo) this seems like a valid idea to make it worthwhile. I mean right now its just a trashcan for tier 1&2 runes and if we had a sell back option it wouldnt get used at all.

Quintus Felix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

to hard to code, more important things need doing, will not happen.