The Legacy Skin Project Begins November 25th!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrFlesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

masquerade eve ftw

Zehnstep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

Still waiting for more Maokai skins - he only had 2 before this initiative anyway

ajsflittte

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneypenny View Post
Summoners!

Starting this Thursday, the 25th of November, we will be retiring 21 of our more classic skins from the League of Legends store to make room for the next generation of awesome champion apparel. These retired skins, known as Legacy Skins, will no longer be available for purchase, but may reappear in the store under very special circumstances.

Naturally, all Legacy Skins will still be playable for anyone who owns them after they have been retired, and will still be visible to other players in game and at the load screen. You will have to own a Legacy Skin, however, in order to be able to view it in a championís profile. In the event that youíre the owner of a champion with only two skins remaining for purchase following this initiative, donít worry! These champions have some fantastic new skins in development that weíll be releasing in the near future.

And so, in preparation for the kickoff of our Legacy Skin Project, we are pleased to announce our most ambitious Black Friday Sale to date. Starting next Friday, the 25th of November and running through midnight Pacific Time on Monday the 28th of November, we will be placing 21 classic League of Legends skins on sale for 75% off! Donít miss your chance to pick up these awesome skins as they become collectorís items!

Additionally, if you want to pick up one of these highly collectable skins, but donít yet own the champion in question, weíll also be offering any champion that sports a prospective Legacy Skin at 20% off for the duration of the sale.

A full list of all 21 skins that will be reduced by 75% before they go into the vault as part of the League of Legends Legacy Skins Project can be found below:

• Sasquatch Nunu
  • Nottingham Ezreal
  • Blacksmith Poppy
  • Masquerade Evelynn
  • Scuba Gragas
  • Spectacular Sivir
  • Mr. Mundoverse
  • Toxic Dr. Mundo
  • Swamp Master Kennen
  • Hextech Sion
  • Yellow Jacket Shen
  • Red Riding Annie
  • Leopard Nidalee
  • Dragon Knight Mordekaiser
  • Sonoran Kog'Maw
  • Kingpin Twitch
  • Professor Ryze
  • Shamrock Malphite
  • Highland Tryndamere
  • Pharaoh Amumu
  • Badger Teemo

A full list of the champions that will be discounted by 20% during the sale can be found below:

• Nunu
  • Ezreal
  • Poppy
  • Evelynn
  • Gragas
  • Sivir
  • Dr. Mundo
  • Kennen
  • Sion
  • Shen
  • Annie
  • Nidalee
  • Mordekaiser
  • Kog'Maw
  • Twitch
  • Ryze
  • Malphite
  • Tryndamere
  • Amumu
  • Teemo

But remember that bargains this good only come around once a year! Donít miss your chance to pick up these collectible Legacy Skins at massively reduced prices during the League of Legends Black Friday Sale this coming Thursday, the 25th of November!
but, but Thursday is the 24th... Friday is the 25th... i dont understand how they both are the 25th

Jacksknight

11-18-2011

I think I'll get masquerade Evelyn and hope for the rework soon enough.

BB BMThaw

11-18-2011

NOOO WHYY TODAY :'(
MY COMPUTER IS STILL BROKEN AND I CAN'T PLAY :'(
/rage

Pee On Me Elmo

11-18-2011

Edit: Derp

DankSlurpee

11-18-2011

Curse you Riot! Take my money ):

Stexe

Adjudicator

11-18-2011

Uh...

This is kind of a slam in the face to people who enjoy having ACTUAL limited edition skins.

Arblis

11-18-2011

Hmmm! So, most of these are to remove palette-swaps from the skin lists.. but if that's the case, I'm confused about Masquerade Eve, Mundoverse, Scuba Gragas, and Professor Ryze. Those aren't nearly as aged-looking as some of the others.

Hell, I'd expect Shadow Eve to be retired long before Masquerade .. o_o;

Basically I'm sorta confused.

Flamecloak

11-18-2011

Hmm....buy skins cheap now, or wait and see what skins they have planned...