Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

best top laner?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Edvil Bateryu

11-29-2011

Until recently i was convinced Wukong was among the strongest. Even if i was losing the lane for the 1st 2 levels, come level 3 your harass becomes godly.

Beaten yoricks, Skarners, chos & nasus. Destroyed trynds, akalis and reneks.

But Lee is just too much for me and of the above he is the strongest IMO. Havent fought a Riven yet, though i think she may be my next buy anyways...

Semiamp

11-29-2011

Best solo top's would probably be Garen or Yorick I always use then when I solo top for ranked or when I play with friends.

Lord Sunday IV

12-05-2011

I've always preferred Yorick, in pretty much any situation. (I don't usually solo top, so I don't have a lot of experience with others and can't speak definitively) I can usually out-farm my opponent, and depending on the match-up and relative skill of the other player I don't even need to max his E first.

If we've been stomping the other team hard enough, I will level my W first as Yorick (because, in my experience, the early-game harass ability is stronger with W before I have my items), and it allows me to escape ganks with the slow, so I can then farm health with E off of the incoming minions while tower-hugging.

The thing with Yorick is, even when 'losing' the lane I still can manage to keep our turret alive until we move out of laning phase, even if I spend most of it pushed up against the tower. It hurts my farming, but it's usually not too hard to make a recovery from it.

TakashixToshirou

Recruiter

12-05-2011

Udyr. Hands down.

TouchPadPr0

12-05-2011

shyvana is a good solo top, seeing that you get doran's shield and have some good health regen while your jungler comes in to gank frequently. Just poke with e and clear minions with your w and you're good to go.

KuraiJavi

12-05-2011

I use Morgana or Cho'gat to solo top